Exam Details - PG Medical Entrance
After finishing M.B.B.S/B.D.S are you now planning to appear for the PG Medical Entrance Exams? Try our free online practise test papers before you actually appear for the exam.
The medical institutes in India provide admission to students to the PG courses only after clearing M.B.B.S/ B.D.S. These Post Graduate Medical degree courses are offered in various subjects related to the medical science. These courses lead to the degrees M.S, M.D, D.M and M.Ch. The PG courses in surgery are M.S and M.Ch. Whereas, M.D and D.M are the PG courses in other medicine. The PG degrees M.Ch and D.M are super speciality degrees in their respective fields.
The admission to these PG medical courses is done on the basis of an entrance exam. All major medical institutes either conduct their own entrance exam or the admission is based on All India/State level entrance exams.
There are no. of PG Medical entrance exams in India. Some of them are listed below:
- All India PG Medical Entrance Exam
- AIIMS Entrance Exam
- BHU PG Medical Entrance Exam
- JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam
- AFMC Pune PG Entrance Exam
- PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam
- COMEDK PGCET Karnataka
- CMC Medical PG Entrance Exam
There are many other PG entrance exams too in India apart from the ones listed above.
Usually the entrance exams are conducted in the months of January or February. The application forms are usually available from the month of October and the last date of submission of applications is in the second half of November.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Medical Entrance Exams:
Most of the PG entrance exams have a similar type of eligibility criteria. Some points are listed below:
- The candidates should possess M.B.B.S/B.D.S degree from a university recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- The candidates should have completed the pre-registration internship of 12 months from a recognised hospital.
- Performance of the candidate in the interview, if conducted by the institute.
Examination Pattern for PG Medical Entrance Exam:
Usually there is one paper containing about 300 multiple choice questions on clinical, pre- clinical and post clinical subjects. Also almost all the PG Medical Entrance Exams will have negative marking for wrong answers.
Start Practice Test...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...