The following are the various types of contracts,for execution of civil engineering works:
1. Item rate contract
2. Percentage rate contract
3. Lumpsum contract
4. Labour contract
5. Materials supply contract
6. Piece-Work agreement
7. Cost plus percentage rate contract
8. Cost plus fixed fee contract
9. Cost plus fluctuating fee contract
1. Item rate contract: For this contract, contractors are required to quote rates for individual items of work on the basis of schedule of quantities furnished by the client’s department.
2. Percentage rate contract: In this form of contract, the client’s department draws up the schedule of items according to the description of items sanctioned in the estimate with quantities, rates, units and amounts shown therein.
3. Lump sum contract: In this form of contract, contractors are required to quote a fixed sum (lumpsum amount) for execution of a work complete in all respects i.e., according to the drawings, design and specifications supplied to them with the tender within the specified time.
4. Labour contract: This is a contract where the contractor quotes rates for the item work exclusive of the elements of materials which are supplied by the client’s Department.
5. Materials supply contract: In this form of contract, the contractors have to offer their rates for supply of the required quantity of materials , inclusive of all local taxes, carriage and delivery charges of materials to the specified site within the time fixed in the tender.
6.Piece-Work agreement: As the name signifies the piece-work agreement, it is that for which only a rate is agreed upon without reference to the total quantity of work to be done or the quantity of work to be done within a given period.
7.Cost plus percentage rate contract: In tendering for work on a “Cost Plus” basis, the contractor is paid the actual cost of the work, plus an agreed percentage in addition, to allow for profit.
8.Cost plus fixed fee contract: In this type of contract, the contractor is paid by the owner an agreed lump-sum amount over and above the actual cost of work.
9.Cost plus Fluctuating Fee contract: In this type of contract, the contractor is paid by the owner the actual cost of construction plus an amount of fee inversely variable according to the increase or decrease of the estimated cost agreed first by both the parties.
10.Target Contract: This is the type of contract where the contractor is paid on a cost-plus percentage work performed under this contract. In addition, he receives a percentage plus or minus on savings or excess effected against either a prior agreed estimate of total cost or a target value arrived at by measuring the work on completion and valuing at prior agreed rates.
|Author: Srikanta Kundu||Member Level: Bronze||Revenue Score: |
|Can you help me by giving any sample project report on any flyover?|
please send on email@example.com