Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 05 Sep 2011 Posted By:: shashikumar b.n Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 Bangalore University Commerce B.Com Law and practices of banking Question paper
V semester B.Com examination, November/December 2009
Law and Practice of Banking
Time : 3 hrs max. marks:90
1. Answer any 10 sub-questions. Each sub question carries 2 marks (10x2=20)
a) Define the term 'banker'.
b) What is meant by credit card?
c) Who is an Executor?
d) What is standing instruction?
e) State the ruling in Clayton's case.
f) What is meant by pledge?
g) What is stale cheque?
h) What is payment in due course?
i) Define mortgage.
j) Expand FCNR.
k) What is 'Teller' system?
l) Who is a paying banker?
Answer any five of the following. Each question carries 5 marks.
2. Define a cheque. Explain the characteristics of a cheque.
3. What is negligence? Give examples.
4. Briefly explain any two types of endorsement.
5. What precautions are to be taken by a banker while opening an account for minor?
6. Explain the differences between overdraft and cash credit.
7. What is hypothecation? What are its features?
8. What are the consequences of wrongful dishonour of a cheque?
9. Banker is called "dignified debtor". Discuss.
Answer any three of the following. Each question carries 15 marks.
10. Who is a paying banker? What are the precautions to be taken by him while honouring a cheque?
11. Explain the relationship between banker and customer.
12. Explain the precautions a banker should take while opening a current account in the names of partnership ferm and clubs and societies.
13. Explain banker's obligation to maintain secrecy. What are the consequences of wrongful disclosure?
14. Explain the precautions to be taken by banker while sanctioning loan against
a) Bill of exchange
b) Goods and documents of goods
c) Life insurance policy.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.