Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 05 May 2008 Posted By:: v. kani Ayswarya Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2008 Anna University Chennai B.E Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering mobile communication Question paper
Eight semester ANNA UNIVERSITY
1. In wireless communication system what is cell dragging?
2. If bandwidth = 33*106 Hz and forward and reverse channel bandwidth is 25*103 Hz for a cell size of N=12, calculate the total channels and channel bandwidth for full duplex .
3. For the figure given below calculate the loss due to knife edge diffraction take T=1.11ns.
4. State the effects of multipath propagation.
5. Gaussian low pass filter is used to produce 0.25 GMSK with a channel data rate of 270 kbps. What is the 90% power bandwidth in the RF channel? Specify the Gaussian filter parameter.
6. What is Blue tooth communication?
7. What are Rayleigh and Ricean fading?
8. Differentiate between 2G and 3G systems with respect to multiple access system.
9. GSM frame structure consists of 8 time slots and each has 156 bits and transmission rate is 270.83 kbps. Find how long a user must be occupying a single slot-wait between two successive transmissions.
10. How does cell split improve efficiency of a mobile system?
11.(a) (i) Explain with suitable diagrams and specifications the difference between cellular, paging and cordless systems (8)
(ii) How the Trunking capacity is calculated for lost calls and delayed calls in a mobile trunking system (8)
(b) (i) What is hand off? Explain how this is accomplished in a cellular mobile communication system? (6)
(ii) What are the different channel assignment strategies differentiate between cell splitting and cell sectoring concepts? (10)
12.(a) (i) What are the different types of distortions in wireless communication? (6)
(ii) Draw the two ray ground reflection model and derive an expression to compute the electric field at a distance of d meters. (10)
(b) (i) Explain the path loss prediction over hilly terrain. (8)
(ii) Define the multipath shape factors. How is it used to derive the fading rate variance relationships? (8)
13.(a)(i) What are the digital modulation techniques employed for mobile communications? Explain the most preferred technique (8)
(ii) What is a space diversity technique? What is the need for space diversity? (8)
(b) (i) Explain the RAKE receiver for CDMA systems? (10)
(ii) How channel distortion can be avoided in a wireless channel?(6)
14.(a) What are the major differences between TDMA, FDMA and CDMA. Explain in detail about each multiple access
(b) What are vocoders? Design suitable vocoder that is most suitable for mobile communication.
15.(a) Draw the architecture of GSM and explain how location of mobile users are tracked using the various registers. Draw the TDMA frame structure for the GSM network. (16)
(b)(i) How can speech quality be improved to accommodate higher data rate? (8)
(ii) Explain wireless local loop, with specifications and applications. (8)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.