Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 04 Nov 2011 Posted By:: Alka B.M. Sharma Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 Kerala University B.A Islamic History Second Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009, (New Scheme – 2005 admn. Onwards) Question paper
(Pages : 3) 1213
Reg. No. : ....................................
Name : .........................................
Second Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009 (New Scheme – 2005 admn. Onwards)
Branch : ISLAMIC HISTORY
Part – III – Group I(b) – Islamic History
Paper – II : Umayyads and Abbasids
Time : 3 Hours Max. Marks : 100
1. Mark on the outline map provided the extent of Umayyad Empire under Abdul Malik and locate the following places :
Bhagdad; Kufa; Basara; Makkah;Alexandria.
2. Mark on the outline map provided the extent of Abbasid Empire in 1258 AD and locate the following places :
Mosul; Basara; Isfuhan; Madina; Fusthath. (1×10=10 Marks)
PART – I
(Objective Type Questions) All questions should be answered.
3. Arbitrator of Caliph Ali in the battle of Siffin was :
4. The rebel Caliph of Makkah was :
5. The Governor of Abdul Malik in North Africa was :
6. The General deputed for Sind Conquest was :
7. The Umayyad Mosque was built by :
8. The battle which ended the Umayyad rule was held at :
9. The Barmakids Prime Minister of Haroon-al-Rashid was :
10. The house of knowledge under Mamun was :
11. The Arab historian who was the first sociologist :
12. The first of four of Imams of fiqh was : (10×1=10 Marks)
PART – II
13. Yazid I.
14. Damascus City.
17. Abu Muslim Khurasan.
19. The Rawandiyah.
20. Halagukhan. (5×2=10 Marks)
PART – III
Answer any eight questions.
21. Sketch the personality of Muawiyah.
22. Depict Abdul Malik as a builder.
23. Narrate the conquest of Sind under Walid I.
24. Analyse the religious policy of Umar II.
25. Discuss the effects of battle of Zab.
26. Give an account of the administrative boards under Umayyad.
27. Point out the role of Abdullah ibn Ali to strengthen the Abbasids.
28. Sketch the character of Al-Mahdi.
29. Shortly describe the fall of Barmakids
30. Give a short account of Mutazila beliefs.
31. Write a note on Arab Mathematics.
32. Give briefly an account of Abbasid Education (8×5=40 Marks)
PART – IV
Write any two :
33. "Accession of Muawiyah at Damascus heralded the end of Khilafath and beginning of Kingship" – Elucidate.
34. What were the cause for the downfall of Umayyad Caliphate ?
35. "Al-Mansur was the real founder of Abbasid Dynasty" – Comment.
36. Discuss the salient features of Abbasids. (2×15=30 Marks)
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Final Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009, Paper VI – (ii) Historical Geography of India
Final Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009, Paper – VI : (i) Aspects of Political Ideas and Institutions in India
Final Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009, Paper – V : Kerala History
Final Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009, Paper – IV : Colonialism and Nationalism in Modern
Final Year B.A. Degree Examination, March 2009, Paper – III : Historiography with Special Reference to Indian Historiography
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.