Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 18 Dec 2011 Posted By:: rajeswari.R Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University B.Ed English B.Ed examination/English Paper II Question paper
B.Ed. DEGREE EXAMINATION MAY 2010
(For the candidates admitted during the academic year 2008–2009)
Optional Subject: ENGLISH — PAPER — II
Time: 3 hours Maximum marks: 75
PART A — (10X2 = 20 marks)
Answer any TEN questions.
Each answer should not exceed half a page.
Each answer carries 2 marks.
1. Define stress.
2. Illustrate primary stress.
3. Define intonation.
4. What are vowel glides?
5. Define phoneme.
6. What is role play?
7. Write a note on prepositional phrase.
8. What is scanning?
9. What are the salient features of a good 'precis'?
10. What is cohesion?
11. How will you express the concept of 'refusal' in English?
12. What is 'annotated bibliography'?
PART B — (5X5 = 25 marks)
Answer any FIVE questions.
Each answer should not exceed 1 page.
Each answer carries 5 marks.
13. Differentiate 'phoneme' from 'allophone'.
14. Elaborate the concept of morpheme.
15. Illustrate phrasal verbs.
16. What are reference skills?
17. What are the criteria for the selection of vocabulary?
18. Differentiate formal letter from informal letter.
19. Differentiate vowels from diphthongs.
20. Illustrate the four patterns of intonation.
PART C — (2X15 = 30 marks)
Answer BOTH the questions.
Each answer should not exceed 3 pages.
Each answer carries 15 marks.
21. (a) What are fricatives? How are they articulated?
(b) Classify the vowels according to their manner of
22. (a) Discuss word formation briefly.
(b) How are the various concepts expressed in English?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.