Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 18 Dec 2011 Posted By:: rajeswari.R Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University B.Ed English B.Ed. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY 2010/ENGLISH – PAPER II Question paper
B.Ed. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY 2010
(For the candidates admitted during the academic year
Optional Course : ENGLISH – PAPER II
Time : 3 hours Maximum marks : 80
PART A — (10X2 = 20 marks)
Answer any TEN questions.
Each answer should not exceed 50 words.
Each answer carries 2 marks.
1. What are informal letters?
2. What is annotated bibliography?
3. What is strong form in English?
4. Illustrate phrasal verb.
5. How will you express the concept of 'refusal" in English?
6. Define morpheme.
7. Illustrate rise in intonation.
8. What is stress?
9. Transcribe :
I want a good story book to read.
10. Define rhythm.
11. Illustrate primary and secondary stress.
12. Define lexis.
PART B — (6X5 = 30 marks)
Answer any SIX questions.
Each answer should not exceed 200 words.
Each answer carries 5 marks.
13. Differentiate strong and weak forms in English.
14. What are the devices of coherence?
15. What are dictionary skills?
16. Differentiate extensive reading from supplementary
17. Illustrate a situational composition.
18. How should a good precis be?
19. Differentiate formal letter from informal letter.
20. Illustrate closing diphthongs with a diagram.
PART C — (2X15 = 30 marks)
Answer BOTH the questions.
Each answer should not exceed 600 words.
Each answer carries 15 marks.
21. (a) Discuss the composition exercises you would
prescribe for high school students.
(b) Critically evaluate a X standard text.
3 B 1016
22. (a) Discuss the use of conventional formulas in English.
(b) How will you develop the fluency of your students?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.