Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 14 Jan 2012 Posted By:: Indubala Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 M.C.A MCA - RQG426A - Distributed Operating Systems - Apr'09 - Bharathidasan University - Dist Education Question paper
S. No 6593 RQG426A
(For candidates admitted from 2006-2007 onwards)
MCA Degree Examination, April 2009
DISTRIBUTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
Time: Three hours Maximum: 75 Marks
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
Answer ALL questions
1. What is an atomic transaction?
2. What is difference between explicit addressing and implicit addressing?
3. Define: Mutual Exclusive Condition.
4. What is the meaning of ROLL Back of process?
5. What is meant by passive attack and active attack?
6. What are the main types of authentication? write them.
7. When will you need multicast and broadcast communication?
8. When will Race condition occur?
9. What is the syntax of the Msggest system call?
10. What is the semaphore?
PART B (5 x 5 = 25 Marks)
Answer ALL questions
11. (a) Explain the different types of transparency
(b) Explain the buffering
12. (a) Discuss the Bully algorithm for message passing
(b) Explain the concept of threads
13. (a) What ar the approached to authentication? Explain them
(b) Explain the use of access matrix in the domain based protecting system
14. (a) Explain the structure of supper block
(b) Discuss how system call is used to create a file
15. (a) Explain the concept of shared memory
(b) Explain the Dijkstra's Algorithm for semaphore
PART C (3 x 10 = 30 Marks)
Answer Any Three questions
16. Explain the advantages of work station-server model
17. How do you implement the logical clocks concept?
18. Discuss the basic principle for cryptography
19. Write an algorithm for conversion of a pathname into Inode
20. Describe the process of sockets with diagram model
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.