Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 15 Jan 2012 Posted By:: Indubala Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2008 M.C.A MCA - RQG211- Operating Systems - Apr 2008 - Bharathidasan University - Dist Education Question paper
S. No 2555 RQG211
(For candidates admitted from 2006-2007 onwards)
MCA Degree Examination, April 2008
Time: Three hours Maximum: 75 Marks
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
Answer ALL questions
1. What is mapping function? What are its constraints?
2. What are the drawbacks of Direct Memory Access (DMA)?
3. State any two requirements of mutual exclusion
4. What are the elements of a semaphore?
5. State any two memory management techniques
6. What do you understand by the term logical address, relative address and physical address in memory location?
7. What does the term time slicing refers to in round robin scheduling policies?
8. What are the three techniques for performing I/O function??
9. What is the access control information available in a file directory?
10. What are the three methods of record blocking? State them
PART B (5 x 5 = 25 Marks)
Answer ALL questions
11. (a) What are the various registers available in a user visible register? Explain
(b) Draw and explain briefly an instruction cycle with interrupts
12. (a) What are the reasons for process termination? Explain
(b) What are the design characteristics of message systems for inter-processor communication and synchronization?
13. (a) Write short notes on Transaction Lookaside Buffer (TLB)
(b) What are the requirements of memory management process? Explain
14. (a) Write short notes on FCFS scheduling policies
(b) What are the various kinds of I/O buffering? Explain
15. (a) What are the access rights available to a user of a file? Explain
(b) What are the three techniques used in disk allocation table? Explain
PART C (3 x 10 = 30 Marks)
Answer Any Three questions
16. Discuss in detail the integrated deadlocks strategy
17. Discuss in detail the concept of thrashing
18. Discuss in detail the four types of scheduling
19. Discuss the various disk scheduling policies
20. Discuss the various file allocation methods in file management
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.