Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Posted Date: 15 Feb 2012 Posted By:: aaru Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2011 Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Amrita school of pharmacy-fourth year b.pharm degree examination -april/may 2011 University Question paper
AMRITA VISWAVIDYAPEETHAM UNIVERSITY
AMRITA SCHOOL OF PHARMACY
FOURTH YEAR B.PHARM DEGREE EXAMINATION -APRIL/MAY 2011
Instructions: Answer Section A & Section B in separate answer sheets. Draw labeled diagrams wherever necessary
Do not write anything on the question paper
CLINICAL PHARMACY & THERAPEUTICS
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTION PAPER
1. Which of the following statements regarding ulcerative colitis in not true?
a. Smoking helps to prevent the onset of ulcerative colitis
b. Former smokers are at high risk of developing ulcerative colitis
c. Ulcerative colitis can affect any part of the gut from mouth to the anus
d.NSAID can exacerbate ulcerative colitis.
2 The following laboratory test is most specific for rheumatoid arthritis
C.Anti CCP antibodies
3. Which of the following is a 'primary source' of the drug information?
a. Drugs used in pregnancy and lactation Briggs GG
c. The Lancet
d. None of the above
4. Therapeutic drug monitoring is most required for the following drug
5. Which of the following drugs can be considered in a patient who develops cough with the use of enalapril for treatment of hypertension?
6. The following medication can precipitate gout in a patient with hyperuricemia
7. A patient taking methotrexate should be monitored for the following toxicity except
d. Pulmonary toxicity
8. The maximum adult daily dose of acetaminophen in
9. A long acting bronchodilator used in treatment of asthma is
d. Ipratropium bromide
10. In elderly patients taking calcium channel blockers, which of the following macrolides is not assisted with increased risk of hypertension
d. All the above
Essays: Answer any four
1. Classify and discuss the various types of drug interactions giving clinically relevant examples and their mechanisms
2. Discuss the pharmacotherapy of hypertension.
3. Distinguish between type 1 & type 2 diabetes mellitus. Discuss the role of insulin and oral ant diabetic medications in the pharmacotherapy of diabetes mellitus.
4. What is 'podagra'? Differentiate between gout, pseudo gout and hyperuricemia.Discuss their pathogenesis and pharmacotherapy.
5. What is 'RNTCP' 'DOTS' & 'MDRTB' with respect to TB? Discuss the pharmacotherapy of TB including the counseling aspects.
6. What is clinical trial? Discuss the various phases of clinical trials and the guidelines and protocol for conducting clinical trials.
Short Answers: Answer any six
1. Discuss the role of pharmacist in promoting patient compliance medication adherence.
2. Discuss principles of drug use in pregnancy
3. Define neonates, infants, and children. Discuss the factors to be considered and problems encountered in pediatric drug therapy.
4. Give an account of the utility of the pharmacokinetics parameters 'volume of distribution and clearance'.
5. Discuss the various causality assessment methods for evaluating an adverse drug reaction.
6. Mention the various triggers for asthma and counseling of a patient with chronic asthma.
7. Discuss the monitoring parameters and toxicity o disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs
8. Discuss the complications of liver cirrhosis and their management.
Return to question paper search
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.