Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 Feb 2012 Posted By:: Pradeepraj R Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute February 2010 FINAL M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION. Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations Part II Paper VII - PAEDIATRICS INCLUDING NEONATOLOGY University Question paper
FINAL M.B.B.S. DEGREE EXAMINATION.
Revised (Non-Semester) Regulations
Paper VII - PAEDIATRICS INCLUDING NEONATOLOGY
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
I. Essay Questions : (2 x 15 = 30)
1. List the common causes of pyrexia of unknown origin in children.
Briefly indicate the investigations for a child with prolonged fever
more than two weeks. Discuss the specific treatment for six year old
child with falciparum malaria.
2. Define failure to thrive in children. List the investigations for a six
month old baby with failure to thrive. Indicate how to treat a nine
month old baby with failure to thrive due to faulty feeding technique.
II. Write Short notes on : (10 x 5 = 50)
1. Differences between Kwashiorkar and marasmus.
2. Zinc deficiency in children.
3. Measles mumps rubella (MMR) vaccine.
4. Rheumatic fever prophylaxis.
5. Diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis.
6. Management of febrile fits.
7. APGAR score.
8. Baby friendly hospital Initiative.
9. Pediatric HIV infection.
10. Atypical pneumonia in children.
III. Short Answer Questions : (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Oral rehydration therapy corner.
2. Peripheral smear in iron deficiency anemia.
3. Stepwise management of bronchial asthma.
4. Indications for intravenous immunoglobulins in children.
5. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
6. Differences between cyanotic spell and breath holding spell.
7. Features of viper envenomation.
8. Causes of respiratory distress in new born.
9. Differences between physiological and pathological jaundice in new born.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.