Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 Apr 2012 Posted By:: Shafeer V U Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Kerala University University of kerala bachelor’s degree programme in chemistry and industrial chemistry ic 1442 inorganic chemistry - iii Question paper
Time : Three Hours Weightage: 30
Section A, Weightage 1 each (answer in a word\sentence)
Answer all questions
I. 1. Which is more basic; La(OH)3 or Lu(OH)3 ?
2. Give the general outer electronic configuration of a transition element.
3. Which is the catalyst used in the oxidation of SO2 to SO3 in contact process ?
4. Name the element obtained by the bombardment of 238U with an a – particle.
II. 5. What is the coordination number of Ag in [Ag(CN)2] ?
6. Give the IUPAC name of Na3[Co(CO3)3] .
7 What is the unit of magnetic moment ?
8. Give the example for a tridentate ligand.
III. 9. Write the structure of ferrocene
10. Give the formula of a metal carbonyl which does not obey 18-electron rule.
11. Name the metal ion, other than magnesium, involved in photosynthesis.
12. Name a protein, containing calcium.
IV. 13. Give an example of phosphorus based polymer.
14. What is 'inorganic graphite' ?
15. What is the oxidation number of P in H3PO4 ?
16. Give the formula of a methanide. 1×4 = 4
Section B (short answer type) Weightage 1 each
(Answer any 8 questions from the following,)The answer must contain 4 points.
17. Transition metals are less reactive than the alkali and alkaline earth metals -
18. Which is more stable: Cu2+ or Cu+ in aqueous solution. ? Substantiate
19. Which has got greater tendency to form complexes; lanthanides or actinides ?
20. What is chelate effect ?
21. What is an ambidentate ligand ? Give example.
22. Explain geometrical isomerism in metal complexes with suitable example.
23. What is Ziese's salt ? Give its structure.
24. State and explain 18-electron rule.
25. How haemoglobin differ from myoglobin.
26. What are carboranes ?
27. What are zeolites ? Mention their uses.
28. What happens when orthophosphoric acid is heated ? 1×8 = 8
Section C (Short essay type) Weightage 2 each
(Answer any 5 questions from the following. The answer must contain 8 points )
29. Starting from pyrolusite, how KMnO4 is prepared ?
30. What is lanthanide contraction ? Explain its consequences .
31. What are the factors that affect stability of metal complexes ?
32. Give an account of the applications of coordination compounds in quantitative
and qualitative analysis.
33. Discuss the nature of bonding in metal carbonyls.
34. Give an account of sodium-potassium pump in biological systems.
35. How silicones are prepared ? Discuss their structure and uses.
36. Compare the properties of borazole with those of benzene. 2×5 = 10
Section D (long essay type)
(Answer any 2 questions. Weightage 4)
37. Describe the ion exchange method for the separation of lanthanides from
monazite. Comment on the magnetic properties of lanthanides.
38. Describe the splitting of d-orbitals in tetrahedral and octahedral fields according
to crystal field theory.
39. Give an account of the preparation, properties, structure and bonding of noble
gas compounds. 4×2 = 8
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.