Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Posted Date: 21 Apr 2012 Posted By:: Shafeer V U Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Kerala University University of kerala bachelor’s degree programme in chemistry and industrial chemistry ic 1651.2 - computational, combinatorial and physical organic chemistry Question paper
Time : Three Hours Total Weightage : 30
Section A, Weightage 1 each (answer in a word\sentence)
Answer all questions
I. 1. DFT stands for _________.
2. RHF is the abbreviation of __________.
3. Modified version of RHF is ________.
4. The expansion of UHF is ___________
II. 5. Who first proposed solid phase peptide synthesis ?
6. ___________ is an example of electrophilic reagent.
7. The relation connecting ?H,?S and ?G ?
8. Propene is more stable than ethane due to_________ .
III. 9. ________ synthesis is an example of solution phase library synthesis.
10. Combinatorial synthesis is based on________ and _________ synthesis.
11. ________ is an example of heterolytic bond breaking reaction.
12. Arrhenius expression is __________ .
IV. 13. Write Hammett equation.
14. An example of polyamide resin.
15. An example of nucleophilic reagent is ____ .
16. All pericyclic reactions involve a __________ intermediate. 1×4= 4
SectionB, Weightage1 each (short answer type)
Answer any eight questions from the following. The answer must contain 4 points.
17. What are the web resources in learning Chemistry?
18. What is a basis set ?
19. What are the major mechanisms of organic reactions ?
20. Distinguish between STO & GTO.
21. Explain the advantages of combinatorial synthesis.
22. Write an example of an electrocyclic reaction..
23. What are the applications of combinatorial synthesis.
24. What are multipins used in combinatorial synthesis
25. Explain kinetic requirements of reaction .
26. Explain Hammond postulate.
27. Explain +I and – I effects.
28. Explain isotopic labeling in the study of organic reactions. 1×8 = 8
Section C, Weightage 2 each (short essay type)
Answer any five questions from the following. The answer must contain 8 points.
29. Explain Z matrix of H2O & NH3
30. How are molecular visualization softwares used in learning chemistry..
31. How can a eight – member dipeptide library is synthesized ?
32. Explain non-peptide libraries.
33. How are the intermediates detected?
34. Explain substitution reactions of naphthalene.
35. Explain the effect of leaving group in aliphatic substitution reactions.
36. What is self consistent field method. 2×5 = 10
Section D, Weightage 4 each (Long essay type)
Answer any two questions
37. Explain MO theory of hydrogen molecule ion and VB theory of hydrogen
38. Explain neighbouring group participation with examples.
39. How does the structure of substrate affect the aliphatic nucleophilic substitution
Return to question paper search
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.