Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 Apr 2012 Posted By:: Shafeer V U Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Kerala University University of kerala bachelor’s degree programme in chemistry and industrial chemistry ic 1651.3 - polymer chemistry Question paper
Time : Three Hours Total Weightage : 30
Section A (Weightage 1 each)(Answer in one word\sentence)
Answer all questions
I 1. Name of one natural polymer.
2. Name of one condensation polymer.
3. Name of one inhibitor of chain reaction.
4. Name one addition polymer.
II 5. Bakelite is a polymer of formaldehyde and _____.
6. Silicones have the linkage of ________.
7. One amino resin is ______.
8. HDPF is _________.
III 9. What is SBR.
10. What is the structure of the monomer of polyvinyl acetate.
11. What are the monomers of nylon .
12. What is the monomer o neoprene.
IV. 13. One polymer industry in India is at_____.
14. LLDP is ________.
15. SAN is _________.
16. Teflon is _________. 1×4 = 4
Section B (Weightage 1 each) (short answer type)
Answer any eight from the following. The answer must contain 4 points.
17. What are the different types of polymers?
18. Explain the different types of polymerization.
19. What is polyvinylacetate ?
20. Distinguish between graft and copolymers.
21. How is melamine-formaldehyde resin prepared?
22. What are elastomers?
23. Write a note on poly olephine.
24. Compare nylon 6 with nylon 6,6.
25. What is the practical significance of molecular weight distribution?
26. Explain fibre spinning.
27. Explain extrution.
28. What is Carother's reaction? 1×8 = 8
Section C (Weightage 2 each) (Short essay type}
Answer any five from the following. The answer must contain 8 points.
29. Explain number , weight and viscosity average molecular weight.
30. Explain kinetics of polymerization.
31. Explain the preparation of PVC.
32. xplain synthesis and applications of polyurethanes.
33. What are epoxy resins?
34. Explain the size of polymers.
35. What are the factors affecting GTT.
36. Explain polymer processing. 2×5 = 10
Section D (Weightage 4 each) (essay type)
Answer any two
37. What are the methods of determining molar mass?
38. Write notes on (1) compression (2) moulding(3) casting
39. (a) Explain crystallinity in polymers (b) Explain thermal, elevtrical and
mechanical properties of polymers. 4×2 = 8
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.