Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore... |
Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 16 Jun 2012 Posted By:: Niral Patel Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University B.E Electrical Engineering Winter 2009, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Electrical Engineering Question paper
Are you searching for the old question paper of Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University? I have posted original question paper of Microprocessor and Interfacing. It is very important and scoring subject of Vth Semester and belongs to Electrical Engineering. The exam was operated by Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University in winter 2009.
1. (a) Write a short note on Linear decoding and partial decoding. Give schematic of each.
(b) What is significance of ALE pin? Explain the concept of multiplexing and demultiplexing the address bus and data bus of 8085 microprocessor with proper schematic.
2. (a) Explain the meaning of following indtructions of 8085 microprocessor:
(i) DAD H
(iv) CMP B.
(b) Given an 8085 system with register and memory contents as given below. Show how the instructions listed below will affect these contents. Parts 1, 2, 3 are independent of each other:
A=73H, B=4AH, C=5FH, D= 3CH, E=A7H, H=20H, L=20H.
3. (a) Write a program for BCD addition of two 8 bit numbers. Explain the special instruction used for BCD addition in brief.
(b) Draw the flag structure of 8085 and explain it.
(c) Explain the significance of PSW.
4. (a) Draw and explain the timing diagram of CALL 4000H instruction.
(b) Explain the following pins of 8085:
(i) X1 and X2
5. (a) Why is stack memory required? Explain in brief different instructions available in 8085 that use stack memory. Give suitable examples.
(b) Interface the 4K*8 RAM and 4K*8 ROM with 8085. Assume a suitable address.
6. Draw a neat diagram for interfacing of 8 numbers of 7 segment displays in multiplexed manner to 8085 processor. Show complete hardware and mention IC details relevant for interfacing. Draw a flow chart and write software to flash the message after every 2 seconds.
7. (a) Write a program to generate a square wave with a period of 400 micro-seconds using SOD pin of a microprocessor having 2MHz clock frequency.
(b) Mention the interrupt pins of 8085, its priorities, type of input pulse, their vector locations, state whether maskable and non-maskable.
8. (a) Explain 8253 system interface with the help of block diagram from address 40 H.
(b) What is the difference between memory mapped I/O and I/O mapped I/O?
9. (a) Design an interface of DAC 0808 with 8085 using 8255 parts such that CWR addressed43H. Also write a program to generate sawtooth of amplitude +10V and time period of 4m sec.
(b) Explain the control word format for I/O mode and BSR mode in 8255 PPI.
10. Write short notes on any THREE of the following:
(a) Bus contention
(b) Interfacing of ADC with 8085 using 8255.
(c) Handshaking concept
(d) Assembler directives
(e) Interfacing 4*4 keyboard to microprocessor
(f) Methods, Formats and Modes of Data transfer.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Summer 2009, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, MICROPROCESSOR AND INTERFACING
Winter 2009, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, COMMUNICATION ELECTRONICS
Summer 2009, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, COMMUNICATION ELECTRONICS
Summer 2009, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, COMPUTER ORGANISATION
Winter 2009, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, COMPUTER ORGANISATION
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.