Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 May 2008 Posted By:: b.thirumaya prabhu Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 Anna University Chennai General B.E GE 406 - TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Question paper Question paper
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2007.
GE 406 — 'TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
(Common to all branches) ‘
Time : Three hours
Maximum 100 marks
` Answer ALL questions.
PART A —— (10 >< 2 = 20 marks)
1. What are the activities of quality planning?
2. What is the philosophy behind ‘l\/Ianagement by Wandering Around’ (MBWA)?
3.What are the important factors that influence purchase?
4.Is cleanliness the only benefit of implementing ‘5 S’ practices?
5. W hat is the purpose of Pareto Diagrams?
6. How are the measures of central tendency used in quality analysis?
7. What are the reasons for benchmarking?
8. What are the losses reduced by TPM?
9. What is the purpose of ISO 9000 quality system?
10. How does the conceptual approach to ISO 14001 differ from ISO 9001?
PART B —— (5 X16 : 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) 'What are the dimensions of quality? Discuss eight of them. (8)
(ii) What are the duties of quality council? (8)
(b) (i). What are the steps in strategic planning? l (8)
(ii) What are the barriers to TQM., implementation? How are they eliminated?(8)
12. (a) (i) What is the concernlof most consumer? Is it price of the product or •
service? Explain in detail.(4)
(ii) _ What are the different ways of receiving customer feedback? How are the feedback used? (12) •
(b)(i) What are the types of teams formed in industries? Discuss the functions of any four of them(8)
(ii) How is PDSA cycle used? Discuss with a case study. • (8)
13. (a) (i) Draw cause and effect diagramfor an engineering problem. A (8) .
(ii) What are the interpretations of different shapes of histograms? (8) . `
(b) (i) An industrial product was subjected to inspection with a batch size of 5-00 for ten consecutive days- The number of defective pieces found are 33, 42, 44, 56, 60, 43, 55, 42, 28.and 70. Draw a p-chart and discuss. (12)
(ii) How is Process Decision Program Chart (.PDI?C). used? Give an example. (4)
14. (a) Draw the house of quality for an industrial product. Explain various 4
stages. . (16)
(b) How is FMEA performed? Discuss with an example; Drawthe table and give details. (16)
15. (a) (What are the steps in the implementation of ISO 9000 quality system. Discuss in detail. A (16)
(b) (i) Discuss the environmental managementlsystem model with a block diagram.(10)
(ii) What are the global benefits eof environmental management system? Discuss-in detail.(6)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.