Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 30 Jun 2012 Posted By:: Vishnu.s Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 4)
2009 University of Kerala B.Tech. Electronics and Communications Engineering Third Semester B.Tech. Degree Examination, November 2009 University Question paper
This is a question paper of Third Semester B.Tech. Degree Examination, November 2009. This question paper is from Kerala University. The name of this paper is NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS. This exam is held for all department students. I am sure that this question paper will helpful to students who are going to appear this exam. I am sure that this question paper will helpful for engineering students of all university. There is a chance in examination that the questions are may repeat in question paper. So to get good marks in examination students can utilize this question paper. And also it can give them so many confidence to the students.
Third Semester B.Tech. Degree Examination, November 2009
08-304 : NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS (E)
Time : 3 Hours Max. Marks : 100
PART – A
Answer all questions.
1. How are ideal current and voltage sources defined ? In what respect are practical
current and voltage sources different from ideal one ?
2. Compare nodal and mesh analysis for solving network problems.
3. How can the waveform symmetry be determined from the Fourier series ?
4. State and explain reciprocity theorem.
5. What is neutral shifting as applied to three phase circuits ?
6. Explain the dot convention for coupled coils.
7. A series RLC circuit has R = 5O , L = 40 mH and C = 1µF . Calculate
i) The resonant frequency
ii) Half power frequencies f1 and f2
iii) Q factor of the circuit
iv) Band width
8. What is meant by time constant ? Explain its significance.
9. What are Hybrid parameters ? Where are they useful ?
10. Explain what is meant by poles and zeroes of a network function. (4×10 = 40 Marks)
PART – B
Answer one full question from each Module. Each full question carries 20 marks.
MODULE – I
11. a) In the circuit given below, the load resistance and reactance are both variable.
Then for what load ZL, maximum power will be received by the load ? Determine
the value of maximum power.
b) Determine the output voltage Vo of the coupled circuit.
12. a) Use nodal analysis to find the voltage across 40 O resistance and the power
supplied by the 5A source in the circuit.
b) State and explain Thevenins Theorem.
c) For the circuit given, obtain the Thevenins equivalent circuit.
MODULE – II
13. a) Find the Fourier series expansion and frequency spectrum of the rectangular
wave shown below.
b) Find the current i(t) in the circuit by Laplace Transform method.
14. a) Distinguish between transient and steady state responses.
b) In the circuit shown in figure, the switch is closed on position 1 at t = 0 and
then moved to position 2 after one time constant. Find the expressions for
currents in positions 1 and 2.
MODULE – III
15. a) What are driving point functions ? Obtain the driving point impedance of the
network shown in fig.
b) What are the properties of Hurwitz polynomials ? Test whether the function
s3 +3s2+6s+18 is Hurwitz or not.
16. a) Synthesize the network function Z(s) = s(s2+4)/2(s2+1)(s2+9) as Foster-I and
b) Design a constant k type high pass filter with T-sections, to be terminated in
600 O resistance and cutoff frequency 10 Hz. Find the characteristic impedance
and phase constant at 25 kHz.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.