Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 22 Aug 2012 Posted By:: Kamal Kishore Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 4)
2012 Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) B.C.A Computer Application FST-01 Foundation course in science and technology Question paper
Are you looking for old question paper of IGNOU? Here you will find IGNOU previous year question paper. This is the original question paper of BCA FST-01 foundation course in science and technology in year june, 2012. You can use this question paper for your exam preparations.
Note:- All questions of section-A are compulsory. In sections-B and C, give answers as per instructions given.
1. Fill the blanks:
a) The decimal system of numbers was discovered in___period.
b) Deficiency of vitamin A causes____.
c) Cloning of animals has been possible due to advances in___.
d) IQ measures a persons____.
e) The non-conventional renewable sources of energy that can be trapped for domestic and ministerial use is___.
2. State if the following statement are true(T) or False(F).
a) Nuclear waste are persistent pollutants.
b) Chicken pox is water born disease.
c) Use of steam powered engine led to the industrial revolution.
d) The mass of resulting nucleus is the same as the sum of masses of fusing nuclei, in nuclear fusion.
e) The INSAT series of satellite are used only for telecommunication.
3. Give short answers for the following questions(in not more than 50 words):
a) State two innovations made in the fields of technology in medieval India.
b) Differentiate between quasars and pulsars.
c) Give the applications of optical fibers in medicine and telecommunication.
d) Name two areas where we do not depend on imported technology.
e) What are the salient feature of mixed, and relay-cropping systems?
Answer any eight questions. Limit your answer to 100 words for each question:
4. "The theories of science are influenced by the general intellectual atmosphere and ideas prevailing in the society". Justify the statement with the help of suitable examples.
5. State five factors that cause water pollution.
6. Explain the term ergonomics. Let two examples where applications of ergonomics can improve the output.
7. Describe two evidences that support the evolution of homo sapiens.
8. What do you understand by Big bang theory? Give one evidence in support of this theory.
9. What factors were responsible for the breakdown off feudal economy?
10. Why is social forestry important for farmers?
11. Mention the salient problems associated with Modern agriculture.
12. Explain the principle of remote sensing method for exploring natural resources.
13. What are the consequences of deforestation?
Answer any four questions. Limit your answer up to 200 words for each question:
14. Discuss the need for scientific approach in overall planning. In this approach what factors should be taken into account while planning a large dam or an electric power plant?
15. Describe the stages in life cycle of a star.
16. What are endocrine glands? List major types of endocrine glands. Give functions of any five of them.
17. What are being taken in India to encourage research in science and technology and their applications in industry?
18. List various modes of spread of diseases. Discuss any two of these modes along with methods of prevention.
19. How do living organisms maintain a normal external and internal structure and environment in spite of change in outside surroundings? Illustrate with an example.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
CS-74P - S6: INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET PROGRAMMING, BCA-6th Semester, June - 2010, Term-End Practical Examination, Indira Gandhi National Open University.
CS-74P - S5: INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET PROGRAMMING, BCA-6th Semester, June - 2010, Term-End Practical Examination, Indira Gandhi National Open University.
CS-74P - S4: INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET PROGRAMMING, BCA-6th Semester, June - 2010, Term-End Practical Examination, Indira Gandhi National Open University.
CS-74P - S3: INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET PROGRAMMING, BCA-6th Semester, June - 2010, Term-End Practical Examination, Indira Gandhi National Open University.
CS-74P - S2: INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET PROGRAMMING, BCA-6th Semester, June - 2010, Term-End Practical Examination, Indira Gandhi National Open University.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...