Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 25 May 2008 Posted By:: Dhakshin* Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 Anna University Chennai B.E Computer Science Unix Internals Question paper
ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
CS 1002 UNIX INTERNALS
Class : III CSE Max. Marks : 100
Date : Time : 3 Hrs
Part – A 10*2=20
1) What are the three ways to configure the devices?
2) What is DMA?
3) Write the syntax for lseek system calls
4) Define file systems
5) What is race conditions?
6) What is dup?
7) What is the difference between named pipes and unnamed pipes?
8) Define pregion
9) Define context switch
10) What is nice value?
Part – B 5 * 16 = 80
11) (a) Explain in detail about driver interfaces in the I/O Subsystem (16)
(b) Explain in detail about memory management policies (16)
12) (a) What is process and explain in detail about to create a new process? (16)
(b) What is pipe and explain the types of pipes with suitable algorithm? (16)
13) (a)What is kernel and write short notes on architecture of the UNIX kernel? (16)
(b) (i) Explain in detail about the booting process (8)
(ii) Write a program to copy the content from one file to another (8)
14) (a) (i) What is buffer header and draw the structure of the buffer pool (8)
(ii) Explain in detail about the structure of the process (8)
(b) Explain in detail about the structure of the UNIX operating System (16)
15) (a) (i) What are the reasons for the popularity and success of the UNIX operating System (8)
(ii) Write short notes on (8)
i. Boot Block
ii. Super Block
iv. File table
(b) Define scheduling and explain in detail about the process scheduling (16)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.