Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 02 Oct 2012 Posted By:: Blessu Thomas Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 3)
2012 Kerala State First Year Higher Secondary Improvement Question Paper for Chemistry. Question paper
Are you looking for the question paper of +1 Chemistry improvement examination?Dont worry.Here is the previous year Chemistry question paper.This is the original question paper published by Kerala Higher Secondary Board.Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
Improvement question paper
1.a)Mole is a very large number to indicate the number of atoms, molecules etc. Write another name for one mole.
b) >How the molecular formula is different from that of the Empirical formula ?
>An organic compound on analysis gave the following composition.
Carbon=40%,Hydrogen=6.66% and Oxygen=53.34%. Calculate its molecular formula if its molecular mass is 90.
2.a) In order to specify the size, energy, shape and orientation of orbitals and spin of the electrons, we need 4 quantum numbers.
>Write the 4 quantum numbers.
>Represent the orbital with the following quantum numbers , n=4 and I=0.
b)State the rules behind the electronic configuration in an atom.
3. a) Electron gain enthalpy is the amount of energy released when an isolated gaseous atom accepts an electron to form a mono valent anion.
The values of electron gain enthalpy with atomic numbers of Halogens are given below:
At.no ?eg H in kJ/mol
F 9 328
Cl 17 349
Br 35 325
I 53 295
>Why electron gain enthalpy decreases from chlorine to Iodine?
>Chlorine has more electron gain enthalpy than Flourine.Why?
b) Identify the largest and smallest ion given below:
4. a) The ionic bonds have partial covalent character and the covalent bonds also show some ionic character.
>Explain the covalent character of Lithium chloride using Fajans rule.
>NF3 and NH3 show dipolemoment .But the dipolemoment of NF3 is less than that of NH3.Why?
b) The covalent bond can be explained by Molecular Orbital Theory. Using molecular orbital diagram explain the paramagnetic nature of oxygen molecule.
5. a)The combination of Boyles law , Charles law and Avogadros law is known as ideal gas equation .But the real gases deviate from ideal behavior.
>Write modified ideal gas equation.
>Name the above equation.
b) Give reason for the following:
>At hill station , pressure cooker is used for cooking.
>Window panes of old building become thicker at the bottom than at the top.
6. a)Explain the Hesss law of constant heat summation , wuth an example.
b)Draw the enthalpy diagram for exothermic and endothermic reaction.
7. a)During a classroom discussion one of your friends argues that equilibrium constant is not altered with change in temperature. What is your view towards this argument? Justify.
b)Dissociation of CaCO3 in a closed vessel is given as CaCO3(s)?CaO(s)+CO2(g)
>Write an expression for Kc.
>Explain the effect of increase in pressure on the above reaction. Name the principle behind this.
8. a) Using stock notation , represent the following compounds.FeO and MnO2.
b) Redox reaction are those reactions in which oxidation and reduction takes place simultaneously. Write any two redox reactions.
9. a ) Hard water contains calcium and magnesium salts. Therefore it does not lather with soap.
>Hard water is harmful for boilers. Why?
>How will you remove the hardness from the water by using washing soda?
>Which method is more suitable to get pure demineralised water?
b)Hydrogen peroxide is stored in plastic vessels in dark.Why?
10. a) Lithium and Magnesium belong to 1st and 2nd groups in the periodic table. They resemble each other in many respects.
>Name such relationship.
>Give any one similarity between Li and Mg.
b)A compound of calcium is used in hospitals for setting fracture of bones.
>Write the name and formula of the above compound.
>What is dead burnt plaster?
11. a) Diborane is an electron deficient compound.
>Name the special bonds that present in Diborane.
>How will you convert Diborane into into inorganic benzene?
b)What are silicones? Write its General formula.
12. a) Give the complete, condensed and Bond line formula of 2-methyl pentane and chloro cyclo hexane.
b)Write the IUPAC name of the following compounds.
13. a) Give any three types of structural isomers. Give examples.
b) How will you identify the presence of Halogen by using sodium fusion extract?
c) Name the method for estimation of Halogen.
14. a) Write any two differences between classical smog and photochemical smog.
b) How the Green Chemistry is useful in bleaching of paper?
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.