Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 27 Jan 2013 Posted By:: Syed Zeeshan Andrabi Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 5)
2011 CBSE CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper of year 2011 for Class 12th Sociology Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers of CBSE 2011? Here is the previous year question paper of Central Board of School Education. This is the original question paper CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2011 for Class 12 Sociology exam conducted by CBSE in year 2011. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper 2011 for Class 12TH Sociology
PREVIOUS PAPER 2011
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks: 100
General Instructions :
(i) There are 29 questions in all.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Questions No. 1-14 are of 2 marks each, to be answered in about 30 words.
(iv) Questions No. 15-26 are of 4 marks each, to be answered in about 75-80 words.
(v) Questions No. 27 - 29 are of 8 marks each, to be answered in about 200 words.
(vi) Answers should be precise and to the point.
Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the
title page of the answer-book by the condidate.
Please check that this question paper contains 29 questions.
Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
1. What is a village ? 2
2. Define social change. 2
3. What was Taxila known for ? 2
4. Define Sanskritization. 2
5. Define gender-discrimination. 2
6. What does Executive stand for in a democracy ? 2
7. What is a social movement ? 2
8. What is a household ? 2
9. What are Scheduled Tribes ? 2
10. What is the meaning of Infant Mortality Rate ? 2
11. Define a social group. 2
12. What is a kachcha food ? 2
13. What is patrilineal kinship ? 2
14. Define social conflict. 2
15. Define legitimacy. Identify various types of legitimacy. 2+2
16. What is liturgy and what is baptism ? 2+2
17. Define Dharma. Identify other three goals of life as laid down in Indian scriptures. 2+2
18. What is asceticism ? How does it relate to the traditional Indian value system ? 4
19. Briefly explain Indological or Cultural approach to the study of Indian Society. 4
20. What do you understand by empowerment of women ? Why is it necessary, especially in
the Indian society ? 2+2
21. Point out the distinctive features of Sikhism that distinguish it from Hinduism. 4
22. What is a nuclear family ? Distinguish it from a joint family. 2+2
23. How is caste different from tribe ? 4
24. Discuss the phenomenon of urban violence. 4
25. Write a note on Democratic Decentralization and Panchayati Raj. 4
26. Reflect on the problem of over-population in India. 4
27. Discuss analytically the truth or otherwise of the oft-repeated phrase Unity in diversity
in the Indian context. 8
Are majorities and minorities necessarily antithetical to the national integration ?
Illustrate your answer with suitable examples from the recent phase of the Indian
28. Discuss the concept of interest groups. Examine their negative and positive contribution
to a democratic polity, with suitable examples from Contemporary India. 8
What is meant by politicization of caste ? Elucidate your answer with suitable
examples from the current phase of the Indian society.
29. Write an essay on the socio-political relevance of the Preamble to the Indian
List out and briefly discuss the Fundamental Rights as included in the Indian
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.