Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 03 Jun 2008 Posted By:: S.Nagarajan Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2005 Andhra University B.Tech Information Technology Advanced operating systems Question paper
Testpapers of Andhra University BTech Information Technology - Advanced Operating System
B. Tech (IT) Degree Examination
Forth Year - First Semester
ADVANCED OPERATING SYSTEM
Effective from the admitted batch of 2004-2005
Time: 3 hrs
Max Marks: 70
First Question is Compulsory
Answer any four from the remaining questions
All Questions carry equal marks
Answer all parts of any question at one place
1. Answer the following
(a) Trap and interrupts
(c) Location Transparency
(d) Mutual exclusion
2. (a) What is distributed system? Explain with examples.
(b) Narrate the advantages and disadvantages of distributed and centralized systems.
3. (a) Why Omega Network is better than network with cross bar switching.
(b) How hyper cube topology can be extended?
4. (a) Explain ATM reference model.
(b) Write about ATM Switching.
5. Explain Message-passing primitives in client-sever model.
6. (a) Describe RPC operation.
(b) Briefly explain ISIS group communication system.
7. (a) What are logical and physical clocks?
(b) How a distributed algorithm works for mutual exclusion?
8. What are design issues for processor allocation algorithms?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.