Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 02 Jul 2013 Posted By:: selvi Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 2)
2012 Tamil Nadu State Tamil Nadu Board 12th Botany Question Paper 2012 Question paper
hey guys!!!!! are you looking for previous year botany question paper of TN state board?? here you go.,,its a original copy of the question paper of 12th botany conducted by TN state board in the year 2012,,come download fast and start your preparation from today!!all the best.,
XII STANDARD– BOTANY
Time allowed : 3.00 Hrs Maximum Marks : 150
[30 x 1 = 30]
Note : 1. Answer all the questions.
2. Choose and write the correct option.
3. Each question carries one mark.
1. Bentham and Hookers classification of plants is an example for
a. artificial system b. natural system
c. phylogenetic system d. sexual system
2. Origin of species had given stimulus for the creation of classification of plants called
a. sexual system b. natural system
c. phylogenetic system d. artificial system
3. Plants having flowers with petals fused with one another are placed under
a. polypetalae b. gamopetalae
c. apetalae d. calyciflorae
4. Solanaceae is placed under
a. malvalaes b. rosales
c. polemoniales d. unisexuales
5. Monothecous anthers are seen in the members of
a. Malvaceae b. Asteraceae
c. Fabaceae d. Liliaceae
6. Vexillary aestivation is seen in the corolla of
a. Malavaceae b. Asteraceae
c. Solanaceae d. Fabaceae
7. The type of aestivation seen in the perianth of female flowers of Cocos nucifera is
a. twisted b. descendingly imbricate
c. valvate d. ascendingly imbricate
8. Lacunate collenchyma is seen in
a. Ipomea b. Helianthus
c. Datura d. Nicotiana5
9. Root hair develops from
a. trichoblast b. trichome
c. subsidiary cell d. rhizodermis
10. Hypodermis of maize stem is made up of
a. parenchyma b. collenchyma
c. sclerenchyma d. chlorenchyma
11. The vascular bundles are collateral, open and endarch in
a. monocot stem b. monocot root
c. dicot root d. dicot stem
12. Bundle sheath in dicot leaf is made up of
a. chlorenchyma b. parenchyma
c. sclerenchyma d. collenchyma
13. One of the stop codons is
a. UAA b. AAA
c. CCC d. CCA
14. The unit of genetic map is
a. codon b. lux
c. micrometre d. Morgan
15. The 17th human chromosome is
a. metacentric b. submetacentric
c. telocentric d. acrocentric
16. Trisomy is represented by
a. 2n - 1 b. 2n - 2
c. 2n + 2 d. 2n + 1
17. Unorganized mass of undifferentiated tissue is called
a. explant b. callus
c. somatic embryo d. inoculum
18. The enzyme which cleaves DNA at very specific places is called
a. ligase b. polymerase
c. primase d. restriction enzyme
19. The fusogenic agent used in protoplasmic fusion is
a. manitol b. sorbitol
c. polyethylene glycol d. hypochlorite acid6
20. The name enzyme was coined by
a. Buchner b. Pasteur
c. Fischer d. Kuhne
21. Protein component of an enzyme is called
a. co-factor b. holoenzyme
c. apoenzyme d. prosthetic group
22. Which one of the following is essential for the formation of chlorophyll?
a. Manganese b. Magnesium
c. Iron d. Copper
23. Which one of the following is a 4 carbon compound?
a. Glucose b. DHAP
c. Xylulose d. Erythrose
24. Hatch-Slack pathway is also known as
a. glycolysis b. C2 Pathway
c. C3 Pathway d. C4 Pathway
25. An example for insectivorous plant is
a. Viscum b. Cuscuta
c. Monotropa d. Drosera
26. Glycolysis takes place in
a. mitochondrion b. cytoplasm
c. ribosome d. peroxisome
27. The rate of growth in length can be measured by
a. Lever auxanometer b. test tube and funnel experiment
c. Kuhnes experiment c. Ganongs experiment
28. Which of the following is widely employed as a successful biofertilizer in Indian rice
a. Sesbania rostrata b. Acacia nilotica
c. Indigofera linifolia d. Azolla pinnata
29. Tikka disease of groundnut is caused by
a. Pyricularia oryzae b. Cercospora personata
c. Xanthomonas citrii d. Tungro virus
30. The plant product used to treat heart diseases is
a. morphine b. quinine
c. digoxin d. ephedrine7
[15 x 3 = 45]
Note : 1. Answer any 15 questions.
2. Each question carries 3 marks.
31. What is type specimen?
32. Write the botanical names of any two medicinal plants of Asteraceae and state their
33. Write a note on androecium of Schizanthus pinnatus.
34. Draw the floral diagram of disc floret of Tridax and write its floral formula.
35. Write any three anatomical differences between gymnosperm and angiosperm.
36. What is genome?
37. Write any three significance of crossing over.
38. Write three sentences about genetic code.
39. Define recombinant DNA.
40. How is cell wall removed from intact cells by enzymes?
41. Define energy of activation.
42. Differentiate PS I from PS II.
43. What is photolysis of water?
44. Under what conditions does cyclic electron transport take place?
45. Write the overall reaction of glycolysis.
46. What is electron transport chain with reference to respiration? State its significance.
47. Define respiratory quotient. What is the respiratory quotient value of glucose?
48. What is bolting?
49. Explain genetically modified organisms in biological warfare.
50. Write any three economic importance of groundnut.8
[7 x 5 = 35]
Note : 1. Answer any 7 questions.
2. Answer to 55th question is compulsory and this question should not be left as
3. Draw diagrams wherever necessary.
4. Each question carries 5 marks.
51. Bring out any five salient features of ICBN.
52. Write the economic importance of the family Rubiaceae.
53. Describe xylem tissue.
54. Draw the internal structure of monocot leaf and label the parts.
55. Describe the vascular tissue system.
56. Draw the structure of Watson and Crick model of DNA and label the parts.
57. Write any five significance of ploidy.
58. State the applications of tissue culture.
59. Write the most important events of recombinant DNA technology.
60. Explain sigmoid growth curve.
61. Explain Fischers Lock and Key theory of enzyme action.
62. Discuss the benefits of biofertilizers.9
SECTION - D
[4 x 10 = 40]
Note : 1. Answer any 4 questions.
2. Draw diagrams wherever necessary
3. Each question carries 10 marks.
63. Describe Cocos nucifera in botanical terms.
64. a. Write a note on economic importance of Fabaceae. (5 Marks)
b. Differentiate the androecium and gynoecium of Malvaceae to that of Rubiaceae.
65. Describe the anatomy of monocotyledonous stem.
66. Explain the central dogma of molecular biology.
67. Describe the various steps involved in protoplasmic fusion.
68. Explain various steps involved in Calvin cycle.
69. a. Describe the experiment to demonstrate the liberation of carbon dioxide during
respiration. (5 Marks)
b. Write the significance of pentose phosphate pathway. (5 Marks)
70. What is sustainable agriculture? Describe its role in modern agricultural practices.
* * * * *
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.