Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 31 Dec 2007 Posted By:: Jyothi Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2006 Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University M.B.A Financial Management M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, DECEMBER 2006 Question paper
M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, DECEMBER 2006
(A - FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT)
Paper-I : SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
PART - A
Answer any THREE questions
(3 x 5 = 15)
1. (a) Expected return. (b) Systematic risk.
(c) Efficient Portfolio (d) Yield to maturity
(e) Beta coefficient (f) Bullish market.
PART - B
Answer any THREE of the following questions.
(3 x 15 = 45)
2. Describe the wide array of investment avenues.
3. Define new issue market. How is it related to the secondary market?
4. What are the functions of stock exchanges?
5. Why does an investor need stock market indices?
6. What is risk return analysis? Why is it necessary for securities?
7. A four year band with a maturity value of Rs.1,000 with 7% coupon rate is currently selling at Rs.905. What is its yield to maturity?
PART C - (15 marks)
8. Consider the following information for three mutual funds, A, B, C and the market.
Mean Return (%) Standard Deviation (%) Beta
A 12 18 1.1
B 10 15 0.9
C 13 20 1.2
Market 14 17 1.00
The mean risk free rate is 6%. Calculate Treynors measure, sharper measure and
Jensen measure for the three mutual funds and the market index.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.