Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Posted Date: 26 Nov 2008 Posted By:: palvir sarao Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 Punjab Engineering College B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering PRINCIPLES OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING University Question paper
Electrical and Electronics B.E / B.Tech. Degree Examination
VII – SEMSTER
CE 071 – PRINCIPLES OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
(Common to All Branches)
Time: 3hrs Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions
PART – A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Enumerate the structural and functional elements of ecosystem.
2. Define sustainable development.
3. List any two environmental stresses on the biology of water and soil.
4. Mention any two environmental impacts of development projects in your
5. Define hazardous wastes.
6. List any two air pollutants and their effects on human beings from automobile
7. State the objectives of treatment of waste water.
8. Enumerate the waste minimization technique.
9. Mention some of the economic instruments in Environmental Management.
10. List any four pollution control ACTS.
PART – B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. Discuss on the components and interrelationship between the components
12. (b) Discuss the stress on water bodies owning to the impacts of anthropogenic activities.
12. (a) Explain the sources, characteristics and effects of air pollution.
13. (a) Explain the environmental issues related to the municipal solid waste
13. (b) (i) What is the significance of ozone layer depletion and global warming?
13. (b) (ii) What are the pollutants that are responsible and control measures?
14. (a) Discuss the principles of physicochemical waste water treatment with the
help of a flow diagram.
14. (b) (i) Discuss on the waste minimization techniques.
14. (b) (ii) Explain the biological treatment methods with the help of a neat sketch.
15. (a) Explain the steps involved in environmental impact assessment with the help of a flow sheet.
15. (b) (i) Discuss the role of non-government organizations in environmental
15 (b) (ii) Discuss any four international conventions.
Return to question paper search
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.