Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 05 Sep 2007 Posted By:: Roland Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2000 Kerala University General Ph.D Ph. D Entrance Examination Question paper
Ph. D Entrance Examination, December 2000
Time: 40 minutes Maximum: 40 marks
Answer all questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
Put the right answer (a), (b), (c) or (d) in the box provided on the right-hand side.
1. The following writer was awarded this year’s Booker prize:
a. Anita Desai
b. Arundhati Roy
c. Margaret Atwood
d. Martin Amis.
2. The novel “Thattakam” is written by :
b. M.T. Vasudevan Nair.
d. G. Sankara Kurup.
3. Who is the highest run-scorer in One-day International Cricket?
a. Sachin Tendulkar.
c. Allen Border.
d. S.M. Gavaskar
4. Which is the capital of the new state Chathisgarh?
5. The period of IX Five Year Plan is :
d. None of these
6. The document that is known as the Magna Charta of Indian Education is :
a. Macaulay’s Minutes of 1835.
b. Charter Act of 1813.
c. Wood’s Despatch of 1854.
d. Hunter Commission Report of 1882.
7. The raw material for making ethyl alcohol is :
c. Saw dust
8. Who is the author of Nalacharitam Attakkatha ?
a. Irayimman Thambi.
b. Unnai Varrier
9. We make use of different sources of energy from nature. On ultimate analysis, all these can be found derived from one particular source of energy. Which is that source of energy?
10. How much is the percentage of houses electrified in Kerala?
11. The colour TV system adopted in India is :
12. Which crop is known as the white gold?
13. What number is the square of the square root of 25?
14. How many square are there on a Chess Board?
15. How many bones do earthworm have ?
d. None of these
16. According to the Indian economic survey of 1999-2000, the subsidy on production and procurement of grain is rupees :
a. 4200 crores.
b. 9151 crores.
c. 2151 crores
d. 8700 crores
17. Which of the following is not an authority established by the Constitution ?
a. Election Commission of India
b. Union Public Service Commission
c. Planning Commission
d. State Public Service Commission.
18. “Euro” is the common currency of :
a. 11 Europian countries
b. Europian countries and USA
c. China and Hong Kong
d. South Africa
19. “Blue Revolution” is related to :
20. The population of India :
a. 560 crores
b. 100 crores
c. 100 million
d. 200 crores
21. Amartya Sen got Nobel Prize for his work in :
a. Health economics.
c. Welfare economics
d. Gini coefficient
22. The state with the lowest birth rate as per 1991 census of India is :
23. The ozone layer in the upper part of the atmosphere protects us from :
b. Cosmic rays
c. Infrared rays
d. Ultraviolet rays
24. Milk lacks in one important nutrient :
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.