Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 23 Feb 2009 Posted By:: Mala Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2008 Bangalore University B.A Economics ECONOMICS-I-Micro Economics Question paper
I Semester B.A/B.Sc. Examination, November/December 2008
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 90
Instructions:- a) Answers must be completely either in Kannada or in English.
b) Answers of Part A should be continuous.
c) Answers should be precise.
1. Answer any 10 of the following in 2-3 sentences each. Each question carries 2 marks:- (10 x 2 =20)
a) What is Micro-economics?
b) Give the meaning of production possibility curve.
c) What is Cardinal utility?
d) Give the meaning of Giffen’s paradox.
e) Distinguish between increase and decrease in demand.
f) What is elasticity of demand?
g) Distinguish between supply and stock.
h) What is production function?
i) Distinguish between explicit and implicit cost.
j) What is product differentiation?
k) Give the meaning of duopoly.
l) What is economic rent?
Answer any 5 of the following in 15-20 sentences each. Each question carries 5 marks:- (5x5=25)
2. Explain the importance of micro economics.
3. Write the limitations of Marshallian utility analysis.
4. What factors determines elasticity of demand?
5. Explain the law of diminishing returns.
6. Distinguish between short run and long run average cost curves.
7. Explain the features of perfect competitive market.
8. Explain the features of oligopoly market.
Answer any three of the following not exceeding four pages. Each question carries 15 marks. (3x15=45)
9. Critically examine the theory of consumer surplus.
10. What is an indifference curve? Explain its properties.
11. What is law of demand? Explain its exceptions.
12. What are Iso-product curves? Examine producer equilibrium with the help of Iso-quants.
13. Determine equilibrium price and output under monopoly market.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.