Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 01 Mar 2009 Posted By:: lavanyaa Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2006 Anna University Chennai B.E Computer Science DBMS nov/dec2006 Question paper
CS 1301- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS NOV/DEC 2006
1. Compare database systems with file systems.
2. Give the distinction between primary key, candidate key and superkey.
3. Write the SQL statement to find the names and loan numbers of all customers who have a loan a chennai branch.
4. What is a multivalued dependency?
5. Give the measures of the quality of a disk.
6. What are the two types of ordered indicies?
7. List out the ACID properties.
8. Wha tis a shadow paging?
9. Compare DBMS versus object-oriented DBMS.
10. What is data warehousing?
PART - B
11 (a) (i) Explain the system structure of a database system.
(ii) List out the functions of a DBA.
(b) (i) Illustrate the issues to be considered while developing an ER-diagram.
(ii) Consider the relational database
employee (empname, street,city)
and give an expression in SQL for the following queries:
(1) Find the names of all employees who work for first bank corporation.
(2) Find the names.street addresses,and cities of residence of all employees who work for first bank corporation and earn more than 200000 per annum.
(3) Find the names of all employees in this database who live in the city as the companies for which they work.
(4) Find the names of all the employees who earn more than every employees of small corporation.
12 (a) (i) Discuss about the triggers. How do triggers offer a powerful mechanism for dealing with the changes to database with suitable example.
(ii) What are nested queries? Explain with example.
(b) (i) What is normalization? Explain the various normalization of relational schema and define a relation whicj is in BCNF and explain with suitable example.
(ii) Compare BCNF versus 3NF.
13. (a) (i) Describe about RAID levels
(ii) Explain the allocations of records to blocks affects database system performance significantly.
(b) (i) Describe the structure of B+ tree and give the algorithm for search in the B+ tree with example.
(ii) Give the comparison between ordered indexing and hashing
14.(a) (i) Explain the different fi\orms of serializability.
(ii) What are the different types of schdules are acceptable for recoverability?
(b) (i) Explain on two-phase locking protocol and timestemp-based protocol.
(ii) Write short notes on log-based recovery.
15.(a) (i) Discuss in detail about the object relational database and its advantages.
(ii) Illustrate the issues to implement distributed databases.
(b) (i) Give the basic structure of XML data its document schma.
(ii) What are the two implement classes of data mining problems? Explain about rule discovery using those classes.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.