Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 02 Jun 2009 Posted By:: mira Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 Anna University Chennai B.Tech. Textile Engineering / Textile Technology Introduction to Apparel technology Question paper
AT-205 Introduction To Apparel Technology
Time: 3 hrs Max mark: 100
Answer all questions
Part A (10*2 = 20 marks)
1) Name a few traditional textiles which were much sought after in the west in the early days of Indian exports?
2) Apparel product changes are classified into sectors based on?
3) Define marker efficiency?
4) What factors are to be considered while spreading?
5) Define a stitch and a seam?
6) What are work aids, give examples?
7) Name garment closures suitable for men’s bottoms?
8) What is wadding, what is it used for?
9) What are the functions of linings?
10) Reason out the use of different packing materials?
Part B (5*16 = 80 marks)
11) Discuss on Indian Apparel Industry past and present trends, and draw a perceptual map of product change and explain?
12) A. What is spreading? Explain the different spreading methods and its merits and demerits?
B. What is grading? Explain the different methods of pattern making and grading?
13) a. Classify sewing machines on bed types and with a neat sketch explain the important stitching elements of a single needle lock stitch sewing machine? (or)
b. With a schematic diagram explain the formation of lock-stitch and chain-stitch?
14) A. Discuss in detail, different labels attached to garments, their significance and importance? (0r) B. Examine different garment closures used in ladies tops with respect to aesthetics and performance?
15) A. What are the advantages of garment dyeing? Explain in detail garment dyeing machinery and equipments used its merits and demerits? (or)
B. What is pressing? Discuss the different equipments used in pressing and its influence on product quality and performance?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.