Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 17 Feb 2008 Posted By:: Agnes Mary Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 Anna University Chennai B.E Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering High Speed Networks Question paper
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/ DECEMBER 2007
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC 1008 – HIGH SPEED NETWORKS
(Common to B.E. part time) sixth Semester Regulation 2005)
Answer all questions
PART A – (10*2=20marks)
1. What are the key differences between frame relay and X.25 packet switching service?
2. What is the need for AAL.
3. Write Little’s formulas for single server queue.
4. Compare multiserver and multiple single server queues.
5. State the conditions that must be met for a cell to conform.
6. What are the retransmit policies used in TCP traffic control.
7. What is elastic traffic?
8. What are the key elements of controlled load service?
9. What is wild card filter style?
10. What is a mixer in RTP?
PART B –(5*16 =80)
11. (a) (i) Describe the architecture of 802.11.
(ii) What are the services provided by ATM adaptation layer? Explain the operations of various AAL protocols.
(b) (i) What ate the major strengths of fiber channel. Explain.
(ii) Compare Gigabit and Fast Ethernet.
(iii) Give the ATM cell format. Explain how ATM cells are transmitted.
12. (a) (i) What is Kendall’s notation. State the equations single server that follows the M/G/1 model.
(ii) Explain any 4 congestion control mechanisms used in packet switching network.
(b) (i) Describe the effects of congestion. Explain the various congestion control techniques.
(ii) Explain the need for queuing analysis.
13. (a) (i) Discuss the implementation issues related to TCP flow control.
(ii) Write notes on TCP over ATM.
(b) (i) Discuss the various issues related to ABR traffic management.
(ii) What are the ATM traffic parameters and QOS parameters defined by ATM Forum? Explain.
14. (a) (i) Explain the various queuing disciplines used in ISA implementation.
(ii) Explain the different types of PHB.
(b) (i) What are the design goals for RED. Explain the RED algorithm in detail.
(ii) What are the components of ISA? Explain.
15. (a) (i) What are the functions that are performed by RTCP and explain the RTCP transmission in detail.
(ii) Explain the goals and characteristics of RSVP.
(b) (i) Explain the reasons why TCP is not suitable for real time applications. Also explain the need for RTP.
Describe the characteristics of MPLS.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.