Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 13 Aug 2009 Posted By:: Siva Prasad Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 Shanmugha Arts Science Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA) University B.Tech Electronics and Communications Engineering ENGINEERING PHYSICS Question paper
Subject name ENGINEERING PHYSICS-I
Exam type Summer Term-June 2007
Answer all the questions. 20x2=40M
01. What are inertial frames of reference?
02. A static body explodes into two fragments of rest mass 1Kg that move apart at speed of 0.6c. Find the rest mass of the original body.
03 Mention two applications of Ultrasonics?
04. What is meant by radiation resistance?
05. What is piezo electric effect?
06. Define Fermi Energy.
07. What are extrinsic semiconductor?
08. What is meant by depletion region?
09. Distinguish between direct and indirect band gap semiconductors.
10. Draw energy band diagram of a semiconductor.
11. Define dielectric constant.
12. What are hard and soft magnetic materials?
13. What is meant by meissner effect?
14. Mention two applications of ferrite.
15. What are magnetic bubbles?
16. Define lattice points.
17. What are miller indices?
18. Define density of packing.
19. Calculate the co-ordination number for a simple cubic lattice.
20. Find the miller indices of a plane which cuts the intercepts of 2,3and4 units along the three axes.
Answer all the questions. 4x15=60M
21. • Describe Michelson-Moreley experiment and give explanation to it negative result.
22. • Derive an expression showing variation of mass with velocity.
• Derive mass- energy relation.
23. • Give the theory of Hall Effect in the case of semiconductor.
• Explain the experimental determination of carrier concentration and mobility.
24. • Sketch the variation of Fermi level with temperature in the case of P and N type semiconductors for high and low doping levels. Describe an experiment for finding the band gap of a semiconductor.
25. • Distinguish between different types of magnetic materials.
26. • Explain briefly the different types of super conductors. Give an account of high temperature super conductors and the applications of super conductors.
27. • Calculate the co-ordination number and density of packing of FCC structure. Also explain the properties of diamond on the basis of the structure.
28. • Deduce Wiedmann-Franz law using classical free electron theory.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.