Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 04 Sep 2009 Posted By:: Dora Noronha Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 Mangalore University B.B.M Marketing Management Question paper
Credit Based Third Semester B.B.M.Degree Examination
October / November 2007
Time : 3 Hours Max.Marks: 120
SECTION - A(2 MARK EACH)
1. Answer any Ten questions. 20
a) What is Conversional Marketing ?
b) What do you mean by one price shop?
c) Give the maeaning of fabricating materials with a few examples.
d) State any two differences between selling and marketing.
e) What is penetration pricing ?
f) Mention the components of promotion mix.
g) What are Discount Houses ?
h) What is carrying cost ?
i) Who has proposed the term "Marketing Mix"?
k) State any two unique features of rural markets.
l) Define Customer Satisfaction.
Section - B (8 MARKS EACH)
Answer any Five question. 40
2. Explain Merchandising and Auxiliary functions of marketing.
3. How far it is correct to say that rural markets are a 'Woken up Sleeping Giant'?
4. Explain the Internal Factors influencing pricing decisions.
5. Distinguish between services and physical goods.
6. Discuss in brief the funtions of Physical Distribution.
7. Whatare the advantages of Branding to Consumers ?
8. Identify the major components of Sales Promotion Mix.
Section - C (20 MARKS EACH) 60
9. What is Integrated Marketing Concept? What are its features ? Distinguish clearly between
selling concept and marketing concept.
Explain different stages of PLC and the stategies used in different stages of PLC.
10.Explain the significance and environment of rural markets.
How will you classify service ? Explain
11. a)Define a channel of distribution. What types of distribution channels are available to
a manufacturing company 10
b)Bonton , a health beverage , was manufactured and marketed by a large MNC.The product
was launched in the Indian market in 1998, after a successful test market in metro cities.
It was available in 500 gm Glass jars and refill packs. Consumer acceptance of the brand
was good and the sales kept on growing till 2002, when it reached the highest and started
An in depth review of the brand and its competition reveales that the positioning of
Bonton as an energy drink for children was correct and advertising had done a good job of
communicating this position.
Sales promotion objectives:
It was decided to increase sales of Bonton by 10% during the one year period August 2007
to july 2008 and restore sales to the peak level of 2002, the earlier market share.
i) Recommend techniques of sales promotion that can achieve the objective.
ii)Design advertising strategy for positioning Bonton as an energy drink for children. 10
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.