Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 30 Nov 2009 Posted By:: arjunpandey007 Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2007 SRM University B.Tech. Electronics and Communications Engineering QUESTION BANK EC207 NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS Question paper
S.R.M. ENGINEERING COLLEGE
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERIGN
EC207 NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS
UNIT – 1
2 Marks Questions
1. Define Tree and Cotree
2. The Number of branches in a tree is ____________________the number of branches in a graph.
3. Define Tie Set
4. Define Cut Set
5. A ideal voltage sources consists of __________________ internal resistance
6. A ideal current source consist of ______________internal resistance.
7. Define Network Topology
8. Define Link and Twigs
9. Give an four properties of Incident Matrix
10. Given an expression for the maximum possible number of trees in a given graph
11. Define Isomorphism
12. Give few properties of a tree in a graph
13. Draw the graph of the Network show in the figure
14. Write the complete incidence matrix for a given reduced incidence matrix.
15. Draw the graph for a given reduced incidence matrix
16. Define graph
17. (a) What is meant by directed graph?
(b) What is meant by oriented graph?
18. What is planar and non-planar graph
19. The tie set schedule gives the relation between ________________________
20. The cut set schedule gives the relation between ________________________
21. If a network contains B branches, and N nodes, then the number of mesh current equations would be_________________
22. A network has 7 nodes and five independent loops. The number of branches in the network is ________________
23. The number of independent loops for a network with n-nodes and ‘b’ branches is ___________.
PART – B
1. With reference to the figure, Draw the graph and write down the tie set Matrix.
2. Obtain the fundamental tie set and cut set matrices for the graph shown in the figure.
3. A resistive network is shown in the figure. Obtain the cut set matrix and tie set matrix.
4. Develop the tie set matrix of the circuit shown in the figure and also find no of links.
5. A resistive network is shown in the figure. Set up corresponding tie set matrix and obtain KV1 Equation.
6. Draw the oriented graph of the network shown in the figure and also obtain the tie set matrix.
7. For the Given network
a. Draw its graph
b. Draw the possible trees
c. Obtain the tie set matrix
d. Write down the KVL equation from the tie set matrix
PART - A
1. Define port.
2. What is one port network?
3. How many current and voltage exist for one port network
4. What is two port network?
5. What are the functions defined for one port network?
6. Define driving point impedance and admittance/
7. What are the functions defined for two port network?
8. Define pole?
9. Define zeros.
10. What is the use of pole and zeros
11. Write any four conditions for driving point functions
12. Write any four conditions for transfer functions.
13. What is the stability criteria for a network.
14. According to Routh Criteria when a network is said to be stable?
15. What is condition for number for positive real roots from the Routh criteria?
16. Find the stability of the network Q(S) S3 +2S2+8S+1-.
17. Draw the pole and zero diagram for the network function given below.
18. Plot the pole zero pattern for the following network functions.
19. Plot the pole zero pattern for the following network function
20. Plot the pole zero pattern for the following network function.
PART - B
1. Write the necessary conditions for (a) Driving point function (b) Transfer function.
2. For the network shown in the figure below determine the transfer functions G21 (S) and Z21(S). Also find Z11(S).
3. For the given network function, draw the pole zero diagram and hence obtain the time domain response 1(t)
4. Apply Routh criteria to the following denominator equation and determine the number of roots with (i) positive real pats (ii) with zero real parts (iii) with negative real parts. Also discuss about the stability of the network.
5. For the network shown in the figure, find G12 = V2/V1 and Z12 = V2 / I1.
6. For the following network function . Find the output voltage using pole zero pattern if the input voltage is
7. For the network shown in figure(1) pole zero pattern has been represented in figure (2), find the numerical values of R,L and C. Given Z(O)=1.
8. For the network shown in the figure, find in each case.
9. Determine , for each of the circuits shown in the figure.
10. For the RC network shown in figure, find the driving point input impedence Z11. Plot the pole zero plot of this network function.
UNIT – III
1. What is a port?
2. What are 2 port networks
3. Define active and passive ports
4. Why Z-parameters are called as open circuit impedence (Z) parameter.
5. Define driving point impedence at port 1 with port 2 open.
6. Define open circuit forward transfer impedence.
7. Give the condition for reciprocly for Z parameters.
8. Why Y parameters are called as short circuit admittance parameters.
9. What are called as sending end and receiving end in case of ABCD parameters.
10. What are the applications of cascaded ABCD parameters.
11. Give the agnation for inverse transmission matrix.
12. Why h-parameters are called as by brick parameters.
13. For a given x11 =3x; 312 = 1?, Z21 = 2?, Z22 = 1?, Find admittance matrix and product of AY and AZ.
14. Give the expression of h-parameters in terms of Z-parameters
15. Give the expression of ABCD parameters in terms of Y-parameters.
16. What will be the output of a series connected 2 port network.
17. In the Lattice network when Zd =0 then the network becomes _____________--
18. When a network will be symmetric in case of lattice network.
19. Give the expression for Z-parameters in case of Lattice network.
20. Draw a parallely connected two port network.
PART - B
1. Find the Y parameters for the netn.
2. Prove that the ‘g’-parameter are the inverse of h-parameters.
3. Find the h-parameters of the network shown
4. Derive the expression for Z-parameters interms of Y-parameters.
5. Dervie the expression for transmission parameters in terms of Z-parameters.
6. Explain in detail about methods of connection of two port network and what do you infer from that.
7. Derive the expression for Z-parameters in case of lattice network.
8. For the hybrid equivalent ckt shown
a. determine current gain
b. determine voltage gain
9. Find the current transfer ratio I2/I1 for network shown.
10. The hybrid parameters of a 2 port network are h11 = 1k; h12 = 0.003; h21=100; h22 = 50. find r2 and Z parameters of network.
UNIT – IV
PART - A
1. What is a filter
2. What are the classification of filters
3. Define a neper
4. Define decibel.
5. Define band pass filter and band elimination filter.
6. Define lowpass and high pass filters
7. Draw the ladder structure of the filter network.
8. Give the formula for characteristic impedence of symmentrical T-Section.
9. Define propagation constant
10. Give the formula for propagation constant of (a) T-network (b) T1 – network.
11. Give the classification of pass band and stop band.
12. Give the characteristic impedence in the pass and stop band.
13. What is a prototype filter.
14. Give the entle-off frequency of a prototype filter.
15. Design a low pass filter (both ? and T) have a cut off frequency of 2KHZ to operate with terminated load resistance of 500r.
16. Give the plot for characteristic impedence with respect to frequency in case of constant K high pass filter.
17. Give the cut –off frequency of m-derived
a. Low pass filter b. High pass filter
18. Give the cut off frequency of (a) BPF (b) BEF
19. What is a attenuator and give its types.
20. Give the design equation for (a) T-type attenuator (b) ? -type attenuators (c) Bridged T-attenuator.
21. Design a symmentrical bridge T-attenuate with an attenuation of 20dB and terminated into a load of 500m.
22. What are the uses of attenuators.
PART - B
1. Derive the expression for propagation constant, characteristic impedence (Z0) of T-network and ? network.
2. Derive the expression for cut-off frequency ?, ? of the constant k low pass and high pass filter.
3. Derive the expression for resonant frequency, ?, ? for m-derived low pass and high pass filter.
4. Derive the expression for cut off frequency L1, C1, L2, C2 for BPF and BEF.
5. Obtain an expression for R1 and R2 of T type and ? - type altenuator terminated with characteristic impedence R0.
6. Derive the expression for R0, R1 & R2.for lattice and L-type alternuator.
UNIT – V
PART - A
1. What is a Hurwitz polynomial.
2. Give any 2 condition for a function to be positive real.
3. Give any 2 conditions for a polynomial to be Hutwitz.
4. Give the steps for the synthesis of reactive one port by josters method.
5. The driving point impedence of an LC netowkr is gn by
determine the first cover form of network.
6. What are the properties of impedence function.
7. What are the properties of admittance function.
8. In the first foster form, the presence of first element capacitor co indicates.
9. What does a pole at infinity indicate
10. Test whether the polynomial P(S) = S3+4S2+5S+2 is Hurwitz.
1. Find two foster realization of
2. Find the two cover realization of driving point function given by
3. Find the first caver form of function
4. Find the first and second foster forms the function
5. Find the first and second caver network of the given function.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.