Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 14 Mar 2008 Posted By:: Jyothi Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2006 Acharya Nagarjuna University General M.Sc Microbiology Paper III - MICROBIAL PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY Question paper
M.Sc. (Previous) DEGREE EXAMINATION, DECEMBER 2006
MIRCROBIOLOGY :: FIRST YEAR
Paper III - MICROBIAL PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
SECTION A - (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
Answer any FIVE of the following.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Nutritional types of bacteria.
2. Nutrient transport in bacteria.
3. Methylotrophs and their ecological significance.
4. Sulfur and Iron oxidizers and their significance.
5. Explain the free energy and oxidation reduction potential.
6. Glyoxylate pathway and its significance.
7. Nature and classification of enzymes.
8. Regulation of enzyme activity.
SECTION B - (4 x 15 = 60 marks)
Answer All the FOUR questions.
9. (a) Describe the typical growth curve of bacteria and measurement of bacterial growth.
(b) Write a critical account on the factors affecting bacterial growth.
10. (a) Discuss the mechanism of photosynthesis in bacteria with a note on how it differs from that of Cynobacteria.
(b) Define chemoautotrophy. Describe the H2, CO-, Nitrate and ammonia oxidizers and their ecological significance.
11. (a) Describe the mixed acid fermentations and their significance.
(b) Explain the sulphate reduction and methanogenesis and their ecological significance.
12. (a) What is enzyme catalysis? Explain the mechanisms involved therein.
(b) Write a critical account on the structure and functions of nucleic acids.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.