Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 02 Jul 2010 Posted By:: Anuradha Roy Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Bangalore University B.Sc Biotechnology II Sem B.Sc. BIOTECHNOLOGY May/June 2010 Question paper
II Semester B.Sc. Examination, May/June 2010
Microbiology and Biostatistics
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 60
Instruction: Part - I and Part - II must be answered in separate answer booklets.
PART – I
SECTION – A
I. Answer any four of the following: (4x2=8)
1) Contributions of Leewenhock
4) Acid fast stain
SECTION – B
II. Answer any two of the following: (2x6=12)
6) Radiation methods of sterilization.
7) Construction and principles of SEM.
8) Photosynthetic apparatus in bacteria.
SECTION – C
III. Answer any two of the following: (2x10=20)
9) Explain the characteristic features and reproduction of algae.
10) Describe the structure of gram positive and gram negative bacterial cell wall.
11) Explain TCA cycle.
12) Write short notes on:
a) Treatment of cholera
b) Transmission of HIV
c) Prevention of TB
PART – II
All questions carry equal marks.Answer any four of the following: (4x5=20)
1. Find median and mode for the following data:
Income 100 150 180 200 230 250
No.of persons 24 26 16 20 6 30
2. A bag contains 3 red, 6 white and 7 blue coloured flowers. What is the probability that
two flowers drawn are ?
a) white and blue
c) red and white or blue
3. Calculate the mean and standard deviation for the following data:
Marks 0-5 5-10 10-15 15-20 20-25
No.of students 6 10 12 10 08
4. Find the missing frequency from the following data given that their A.M. is 7.3
x 2 6 7 8 9
f 4 6 12 9 8
5. Explain the following:
i) Type I and Type II errors.
ii) Power of a test and level of significance.
6. Six guinea pigs injected with 0.5 mg of a medication took on the average 15.4 seconds to fall
asleep with an unbiased standard deviation 2.2 seconds with six other guinea pigs injected with
1.5 mg of the medication took on the average 11.2 seconds to fall asleep with an unbiased standard
deviation of 2.6 seconds. Use the 5% level of significance to test the null hypothesis that the
difference in dosage has no effect.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.