Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 26 Jul 2010 Posted By:: soundari.s Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 Bangalore University Education P.U.C Economics 2nd puc Question paper
5 Code No. 22
[ Turn over
( English Version )
Note : i) Write the question numbers legibly in the margin.
ii) Answer for a question should be continuous.
PART – A
I. Answer the following questions in one sentence each : 10 × 1 = 10
1. What is privatisation ?
2. Why is India called 'young nation' ?
3. What is green revolution ?
4. Expand SIDBI.
5. Mention any two national-level labour unions in India.
6. Give the meaning of solar energy.
7. Who is the present Governor of Reserve Bank of India ?
8. Which is the main item of import of India ?
9. Mention the duration of first Five-Year Plan.
10. What is deficit budget ?
Code No. 22 6
PART – B
II. Answer any ten of the following questions in about four sentences each :
10 × 2 = 20
11. Define Physical Quality of Life Index.
12. Define Unemployment.
13. Give the meaning of infant mortality rate and maternal mortality rate.
14. What is disinvestment ?
15. Give the meaning of medium and major industries.
16. What is meant by bonded labour system ?
17. Define Industrial labour.
18. What is Nagpur Plan ? How did it classify Indian roads ?
19. What is co-operation ? What is its principle ?
20. Give the meaning of import substitution.
21. Distinguish between internal debt and external debt.
22. Define Value Added Tax.
7 Code No. 22
[ Turn over
PART – C
III. Answer any eight of the following questions in about 15 sentences each :
8 × 5 = 40
23. Explain briefly the measures to control rapid growth of population.
24. Mention the effects of soil erosion. Explain the measures of soil
25. Explain the defects of agricultural markets in India.
26. Explain the importance of small scale industries.
27. Explain the Industrial sector Reforms of 1991.
28. Explain the role of women in economic development of India.
29. Explain the role of communication in the economic development of
30. Write a note on sources of energy.
31. Mention the objectives of current EXIM policy.
32. Explain briefly the multilateral trade agreements of World Trade
33. Explain the sources of Tax revenue of the Central Government.
34. Explain the structure and functions of National Development Council.
PART – D
IV. Answer any two of the following questions in about 40 sentences each :
2 × 10 = 20
35. Explain the features of developing countries with special reference to
36. Explain the importance of health and education as a form of social
37. Explain the functions of Reserve Bank of India.
38. Explain the expenditure of Central Government.
Code No. 22 8
PART – E
V. Answer any two of the following project and assignment related
questions : 2 × 5 = 10
39. The following data shows how the different sectors contribute to
national income. Prepare a pie diagram.
( PERCENTAGE )
Primary Sector Secondary Sector Service Sector
40 24 36
40. By using following data draw a line graph of growth of National
41. Mention any ten Railway zones and their headquarters.
FOR BLIND STUDENTS ONLY
39. Name any ten public sector undertakings and mention their locality.
40. To overcome energy crisis of India, suggest alternative sources of
1995-96 1996-97 1997-98 1998-99 1999-2000 2000-01 2001-02 2002-03 2003-04
7·28 8·16 4·58 6·45 6·28 4·24 6·32 3·53 8·39
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.