Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 01 Apr 2008 Posted By:: Atul Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2005 General Advanced Diploma in Business Administration HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - I Question paper
NARSEE MONJEE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
DEPARTMENT OF DISTANCE LEARNING
DECEMBER 2005 EXAMINATION
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - I
TIME: 2 P.M. TO 5 P.M.
I. Q.1. is compulsory. Answer ANY FOUR questions from the remaining questions
II. All questions carry equal marks.
III. Total number of questions are Seven.
Q.1.A. Write short notes on any two
a) Job Analysis
c) Types of Interviews
d) Scope of HRM
Q.1.B Select the right answer:
1. What part of the workers life encompasses the scope of HRM.
a) personal life b) working life
c) college life d) retirement life
2. The skills of Human resource that are required
a) Excellent inter-personal skills
b) Financial analytical skill
c) Good mechanical skills
d) Programming skills
3. Human Resource Management strategies include
a) Formulate and communicate HRM policies
b) Integrated employee data management
c) Conduct exit interviews
d) Decide on the sources of job analysis information
4. The human resource planning process must essentially focus on,
a) Motivating employees of the organization
b) Recruiting and selecting employees of an organization
c) Forecasting and integrating the HR needs of an organization
d) Developing user-friendly HR software
5. The type of promotion which involves increase in responsibility and pay and also a change in designation is:
a) Horizontal promotion b) Vertical promotion
c) Dry promotion d) Transfer
6. Which theory focuses on the link between reward and behaviour?
a) Reinforcement Theory
b) Vroom's expectancy Theory
c) Equity Theory
d) Agency Theory
7. Competency based compensation systems can best be described as :
a) Paying employees according to their knowledge, skills and demonstrative behaviour
b) Paying employees according to how educated they are
c) Paying employees according to a piece work system
d) Incentive systems whereby strategic goals of the organizations are replaced by the value-added nature of employee skills
8. Good performance management systems are designed to provide
a) Performance information and salary updates
b) Communication and documentation
c) Disciplinary action and salary updates
d) Training, documentation and salary updates
9. The director of a medium sized company is unable to hire the best people for the company because of a new restriction that no longer pays airfare for college recruiters. Therefore her staff is limited to going to college job fairs within a short distance. What is being effected the most?
a) Organizational image
b) Job unattractiveness
c) Internal organizational politics
10. The 360-degree appraisal process…….
a) Works best in a large organization
b) Provides feedback from a variety of individuals who have knowledge of an employees performance
c) Aids in developing competitive intelligence about competing organizations.
Q.2 . What information is maintained in HRIS? What are the benefits of HRIS?
Q.3. Explain the different kinds of separations, which can occur in a manufacturing firm?
Q.4. What kinds of organizational changes have resulted from increased international competition and how has the HRM helped achieve those changes?
Q.5 . Compare and contrast the various types of separations
Q.6. What are the benefits of systematic HR planning?
Q.7. Discuss the various types of interviews used in selecting employees. What are the pros and cons of interview as a selection procedure?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.