Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 25 Oct 2007 Posted By:: naresh Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2005 University of Madras M Tech Automobile computer architecture University Question paper
PART A - (10 x 3 = 30 marks)
Answer any TEN questions. All questions carry equal marks. Each answer should not exceed 50 words.
1. What is meant by computer architecture?
2. What is a system software?
3. What are the different types of RAM?
4.Write about magnetic DISK.
5. What is an interrupt?
6. How will you represent a floating-point number?
7. What is a pipelining?
8. What is the use of a register?
9. What are the steps involved by CPU to execute an instruction?
10. What is a memory interleaving?
11.What do you mean by memory hierarchy?
12. What is a stack?
PART B - (5 x 6 = 30 marks)
Answer any FIVE questions.
All questions carry equal marks. Each answer should not exceed 200 words.
13.Explain the processor bus organization.
14.What are the basics of RAID? Explain.
15.Explain about main memory in detail.
16. Discuss the various addressing modes with suitable example.
17.Explain about direct memory access.
18.Explain the characteristics of RISC Vs. CISC
19.Explain the working of hard wired control unit.
PART C - (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
Each answer should not exceed 500 words.
20.Write a detailed note on cache memory.
21.Explain briefly about the concept of magnetic tape.
22. With a neat block diagram and explain the cons~ruction and function of arithmetic and logic unit.
23. What is exceptions? Describe about few common exception in detail.
24.Describe the design of pipelined instruction units.
25.Define the following:
(a) Micro operation
(b) Micro instruction
(c) Micro program
(d) Micro code.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.