Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 25 Nov 2010 Posted By:: VEERAIYAN BOSE Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Anna University Chennai B.E Computer Science and Engineering Cs 2304 — system software Question paper
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2304 — SYSTEM SOFTWARE
(Common to Information Technology)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Differentiate system software from application software.
2. How do you calculate the target address in direct and indirect address mode of
3. What is the use of the variable LOCCTR (location counter) in assembler?
4. What are the uses of the assembler directives START, CSECT and USE?
5. What are functions of loader?
6. Define dynamic linking.
7. How are the nested macro calls executed?
8. Mention the tasks involved in macro expansion.
9. What is error handler?
10. Mention the features of word processors
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain the Simplified Instructional Computer Machine architecture.
(b) Explain the various addressing modes and instruction formats of SIC/XE
12. (a) Define the basic functions of assembler and explain in detail the two-pass
assembler algorithm with an example.
(b) What is Forward reference? Explain one pass assembler with an
13. (a) Explain the following
(i) Assemble-and-go loader. (8)
(ii) Absolute loader. (8)
(b) Explain the following :
(i) Relocating loader. (8)
(ii) Overlays. (8)
14. (a) Explain in detail the Macro processor algorithm and data structures.
(b) Explain the following machine independent macro features.
(i) Concatenation of macro parameters. (5)
(ii) Generation of unique labels. (5)
(iii) Conditional Macro expansion. (6)
15. (a) Write short notes on the following :
(i) Interactive debugging systems. (8)
(ii) Write short notes on Text editors. (8)
(b) Describe the User Interface Criteria in detail. (16)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.