Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 10 Dec 2010 Posted By:: VEERAIYAN BOSE Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Anna University Chennai B.E Ge2211 — environmental science and engineering Question paper
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2010
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
GE2211 — ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
(Common to Chemical Engineering, Textile Technology, Instrumentation and
Control Engineering, Biotechnology, Plastics Technology Electronics and
Instrumentation Engineering, Polymer Technology, Textile Technology
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is overgrazing?
2. What do we mean by ''green revolution''?
3. What is meant by food webs?
4. Define ecological pyramids.
5. What is green house effect?
6. Why are radioactive wastes disposed off in Salt Water?
7. What is acid rain?
8. Define holocaust.
9. What is meant by human demography?
10. Write a note on value education.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Discuss the effect of modern agriculture. [Marks 16]
(b) Write in detail on the role of an individual in conservation of natural
resources. [Marks 16]
12. (a) Discuss the aquatic ecosystem and forest ecosystem. [Marks 16]
(b) Give an account of conservation of biodiversity. [Marks 16]
13. (a) Discuss soil waste management in detail. [Marks 16]
(b) Write about effect and control measures of air pollution in detail. [Marks 16]
14. (a) Explain the environmental protection act in detail. [Marks 16]
(b) Write about resettlement and rehabilitation of people. [Marks 16]
15. (a) Describe the major choices in modern birth control. [Marks 16]
(b) Discuss about role of information technology in environment and human
health. [Marks 16]
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.