Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 13 Dec 2010 Posted By:: VEERAIYAN BOSE Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Anna University Chennai B.E Information Technology It 2301 — java programming - november/december 2010 Question paper
Reg. No. :
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010
IT 2301 — JAVA PROGRAMMING
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is the difference between static and non-static variables?
2. What is the purpose of finalization?
3. What is the difference between the String and String Buffer classes?
4. Can an abstract class be final? Why?
5. What is an anonymous inner class?
6. What is the difference between the File and Random Access File classes?
7. What are the advantages of the event-delegation model?
8. What happens if an exception is not caught?
9. What is the use of Reflection API?
10. What are three ways in which a thread can enter the waiting state?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain briefly the following object oriented concepts.
(i) Abstraction and Encapsulation. (4)
(ii) Methods and messages. (4)
(iii) Inheritance. (4)
(iv) Polymorphism. (4)
(b) (i) How objects are constructed? Explain constructor overloading with
an example. (Marks 10)
(ii) Write short notes on access specifiers in java. (Marks 6)
12. (a) What is a Package? What are the benefits of using packages? Write down
the steps in creating a package and using it in a java program with an
example. (Marks 16)
(b) What is Dynamic binding? Show with an example how dynamic binding
works. (Marks 16)
13. (a) What is object cloning? Why it is needed? Explain how objects are cloned.
(b) How is a Frame created? Write a java program that creates a product
enquirer form using frames. (Marks 16)
14. (a) With a neat diagram explain the Model view controller design pattern
and list out the advantages and disadvantages of using it in designing an
application. (Marks 16)
(b) What is an Exception? Explain how to throw, catch and handle
Exceptions. (Marks 16)
15. (a) What is Generic programming and why is it needed? List the limitations
and restrictions of generic programming. (Marks 16)
(b) Explain how to create threads. Write a java program that prints numbers
from 1 to 10 line by line after every 5 seconds. (Marks 16)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.