Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 06 Jan 2011 Posted By:: VEERAIYAN BOSE Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Anna University Chennai Politics M.B.A Fashion management Ba 9259 — international trade finance Question paper
M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010
BA 9259 — INTERNATIONAL TRADE FINANCE
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Why does one study international trade finance?
2. What is Balance of Payment?
3. Distinguish between spot prices and forward prices.
4. What is FEMA?
5. Explain letters of credit.
6. What is bill of lading?
7. State the objectives of WTO.
8. What was the basic philosophy in the early EXIM policy?
9. What do you mean by the concept of import substitution and export promotion?
10. List out any four indirect incentives for exports.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain the various economic theories which have been profounded for
explaining the reasons for foreign trade. [Marks 16]
(b) Indicate broad categories of transactions in balance of payments. [Marks 16]
12. (a) Write a short note on WTO. To what extent has the WTO helped India? [Marks 16]
(b) Discuss the prevailing organizational structure for exports. [Marks 16]
13. (a) What are the major emerging issues at global level which may affect
India's exchange rate? [Marks 16]
(b) Explain the different modes of payment in International trade. [Marks 16]
14. (a) What are the functions of the Export-Import Bank of India? Comment on
its performance. [Marks 16]
(b) Describe any three objectives of foreign trade documentation in detail. [Marks 16]
15. (a) Distinguish between straight bill of lading and order bill of lading. [Marks 16]
(b) Export is like any other commercial transaction and hence there is no
justification for any direct or indirect incentives for exports. Discuss. [Marks 16]
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.