Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 Apr 2008 Posted By:: Atul Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2006 Anna University Chennai B.E Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering EC 142 — CIRCUIT THEORY Question paper
B.E. DEGREE EXAMINATION.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC 142 — CIRCUIT THEORY
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 ´ 2 = 20 marks)
1. What are the differences between loop analysis and nodal analysis?
2. Which statement is correct?
When two resistors & are in parallel the resultant R is
(a) Sum of and (b) Less than
(c) Between and (d) Greater than
3. State superposition theorem.
4. State reciprocity theorem.
5. Define quality factor.
6. What is meant by resonance? What is its significance?
7. What is the time–constant of R–L circuit? What does it represent for?
8. What is meant by transient response and steady state response?
9. Define trees and chords.
10. Define duality. What is the dual of capacitance and resistance?
PART B — (5 ´ 16 = 80 marks)
11. Find the current I flowing through 10 resistor shown in Figure 11.
12. (a) Find the equivalent resistance of the circuit shown in Figure 12 (a).
Figure 12 (a)
All resistances are equal to R .
(b) Find the maximum power across the resistance shown in
Figure 12 (b). What is the corresponding value of ?
Figure 12 (b)
13. (a) (i) Derive an expression to find the resonant frequency of the circuit shown in Figure 13 (a). (8)
Figure 13 (a)
(ii) Derive the relationship among, quality factor, resonant frequency and bandwidth for a series RLC circuit. (8)
(b) (i) Define co–efficient of coupling. (2)
(ii) Derive the voltage amplification factor for single tuned coupled circuit as shown in Figure 13 (b). (14)
Figure 13 (b)
14. (a) Find the time taken to reach 63.3% of the steady state current value of the circuit shown in Figure 14 (a). Plot and voltage across L.
Figure 14 (a)
(b) Find the expression for the current in the circuit shown in
Figure 14 (b) and plot .
Figure 14 (b)
15. (a) Write down the loop equation for the circuit shown in Figure 15 (a). Obtain the dual of this network and its corresponding nodal equations.
Figure 15 (a)
(b) Draw the possible trees of the given graph shown in Figure 15 (b). Write down the cut–set matrix and the set of current and voltage equations for the tree with 4, 8, 6 and 2 as branches.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.