Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 22 Apr 2008 Posted By:: Jyothi Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2006 Acharya Nagarjuna University General M.Sc Chemistry Paper - III : ORGANIC CHEMISTRY Question paper
M.Sc. (CHEMISTRY) (Previous) DEGREE EXAMINATION :: MAY 2006
Paper - III : ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Time: Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
PART - A - (4 X 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions
1. Explain the concept of aromaticity, anti-aromaticity and homo aromaticity with examples.
2. Write notes on:
(a) Hyper conjugation
3. Write an account of classical and non-classical carbocations.
4. Write notes on:
(a) Isotope effects
5. What are free radicals? Mention their stability and reactivity.
6. Write notes on:
(b) Hunsdiecker reaction.
7. Outline the mechanism of Benzoin and stobbe reactions.
8. What is ElcB reaction? What are the requirements for the ElcB path? Give mechanism.
PART - B - (4 X 15 = 60 marks)
Answer ALL Questions
9. (a) Explain the terms .Localised. and .Delocalised. covalent bonds with examples. (8)
(b) Draw the different conformations of cyclohexane and explain their stability with energy level diagram. (9)
(c) Write notes on:
(i) Resonance and
(ii) Fullerences (7)
(d) Explain Stereo selective and Stereospecific synthesis with suitable examples. (8)
10. (a) Explain the terms kinetic control and thermodynamic control with examples. (7)
(b) What are carbenes? Explain their reactivity with examples. (8)
(c) Discuss SN1 and SN2 reactions with suitable examples. (8)
(d) Discuss the nucleophilic substitution in an allylic and vinylic system. (7)
11. (a) Explain the regio and chemoselectivity and orientation aspects in addition reactions of
olefins involving electrophiles. (15)
(b) Write notes on:
(i) Sandmeyer reaction (5)
(ii) Allylic halogenation (5)
(iii) Gattermann-koch reaction (5)
12. (a) Give a detailed account on E1 and E2 mechanisms in elimination reactions (15)
(b) Write short notes on:
(i) Witting reaction (5)
(ii) Mannich reaction (5)
(iii) Perkin reaction (5)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.