Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 22 Feb 2011 Posted By:: rohit singh G. Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2011 Science sample paper 9th class SA1 Question paper
Guess Paper – 2011
Class – IX
Subject – Science
MAX. MARKS :- 80
i. The question paper comprises of two sections, A and B, you are to attempt both the sections.
ii. All questions are compulsory.
iii. All questions to section A and B are to be attempted separately.
iv. Question no. 1 to 4 in section A are one mark each.These are to be answered in one word or one sentence.
v. Question no. 5 to 13 are two mark each, to be answered in about 30 words.
vi. Question no. 14 to 22 are three mark each, to be answered in about 50 words.
vii. Question no. 23 to 25 are five mark each, to be answered in about 70 words.
viii. Question 26 to 41 in section B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills.Each question is a one mark question.You are to choose one most appropriate response out of four options.
1) Which process is used in washing machine to squeeze(rinse) water from clothes?
2) Name the types of simple tissues.
3) What is the value of 'g 'at the centre of earth?
4) Name the physical quantity corresponds to rate of change of momentum.
5) What do you mean by saturated solution?
6) Why does our palm feel cold when we put some acetone or petrol on it?
7) Give two reasons to support that water is a compound and not a mixture.
8) If the moon attracts the Earth, why does he earth not move towards the moon?
9) Explain why some of the leaves may get detached from a tree if we vigorously shake its branch?
10) What are the values of distance and displacement in covering 10 m from P to Q and coming back?
11) State any two conditions necessary for good health.
12) What are functions of stomata?
13) Which organelle is known as the powerhouse of the cell? Why?
14) Differentiate between mixture and compound.
15) What is chromatography? Write its any two applications.
16) A solution contains 5 mL alcohol in 70 mL of water. Calculate the volume by volume percentage of solution.
17) Write the differences between mass and weight.
18) From a rifle of mass 4 kg, a bucket of mass 50 g is fired with an initial velocity of 35 m/s. Calculate the initial recoil velocity of the rifle.
19) Why is it difficult to hold a school bag having strap made of thin and strong string?
20) Draw a labelled diagram of neuron.
21) What is immunization ? What are the immunization programmes available at the nearest health centre in your locality?
22) Differentiate between osmosis and diffusion.
23) Write the differences between solid, liquid and gas.
What is factional distillation? When it is used? Explain with an activity.
24) The graph shows the speed of a car changes with time:
(a) What is initial speed of car?
(b) What is maximum speed attained by car?
(c) Which part of graph shows zero acceleration?
(d) Which part of graph shows varying retardation?
(e) Find the distance travelled in first 8 hours.
(a) Why does a ship not sink while a metal block sinks?
(b) Why does a man experiences more pressure while standing than while lying down on the floor?
(c) What the force with which a body of mass 1 kg is attracted towards earth?
25) (a) Why is plasma membrane called a selectively permeable membrane?
(b) How does carbon dioxide move in and out of the cell?
(c) What are the differences between RER and SER?
(a) Differentiate between plant tissue and animal tissue.
(b) Write the difference between bone and cartilage.
26) Which of the following is the correct set up to determine the melting point of ice?
27) A magnet is repeatedly moved closely over a mixture of iron powder and sulphur powder. Which of the following is not observed?
(a) Iron powder is attracted towards magnet (b) sulphur powder is left behind
(c)black powder is left behind (d) iron powder and sulphur powder are separated
28) The colour of magnesium ribbon is
(a) grayish white (b) brown (c) black (d) grayish black
29) While heating ammonium chloride and sodium chloride mixture, keep your face away from vapours because:
(a) chlorine vapours may cause irritation in eyes (b) ammonia vapours may cause irritation in eyes
(c) sodium chloride vapours may cause irritation in eyes (d) ammonium chloride vapours may block nose
(30) In which of the following you observed that the particles settle down on standing?
(a) common salt solution (b) muddy water (c) starch solution (d) egg albumin in water
(31) To prepare a colloidal solution of starch , we should:
(a) add starch powder to boiling water and cool (b) add starch powder to cold water and boil
© heat starch, add it to cold water and then bring it to boil (d) add thin paste of starch to hot water with stirring
(32) A mixture of iron fillings and sulphur is heated, the colour of the mixture will change:
(a) black to yellow (b) yellow to black (c) black to brown (d) brown to yellow
(33) The colour that indicates that dal is adultered with metanil yellow is:
(a) crimson (b) pink (c) red (d) brown
34) To observe onion cells in an onion peel, we must prepare the slide by mounting on it:
(a)crushed pulp of onion (b) dry scale leaf (c) green leaf of onion (d) thin layer of fleshy leaf of onion
35) When we determine the boiling point of liquid, the thermometer
(a) should dip into liquid (b) should be above the liquid and vertical (c) should touch the bottom of container (d) should be placed slanting in the liquid
36) A blue black colour precipitate with iodine solution indicates the presence of :
(a) Glucose (b) Protein (c) Fat (d) Starch
37) The aqueous solution of salt and sand can be separated by
(a) Filteration followed by evaporation (b) Filtration followed by crystallization
(c) Sublimation (d) Melting
38) The structure responsible for receiving impulse in a nerve cell is:
(a) Dendrite (b) Axon (c) Cell body (d) Nucleus
39) The path of light clearly visible in which of the following
(a) True solution (b) Colloidal solution (c) Suspension (d) Homogenous mixture
40) The colour of copper sulphate is
(a) Black (b) Blue (c) Brown (d) Colourless 41) To prepare a colloidal solution of egg albumin, we should : (a) add egg albumin to boiling water (b) add egg albumin to tap water (c) add egg albumin to dil. HCL (d) mix egg albumin with egg yolk
Return to question paper search
Previous Question Paper:
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.