Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 07 Jun 2011 Posted By:: praveen Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2011 Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad B.Tech Electronics and Communications Engineering IV B.Tech II Semester Examinations,APRIL 2011 BIO-MEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION SET 4 University Question paper
Time: 3 hours
Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Explain human muscle system. Discuss in details with the blocks diagram, the
working of an EMG machine.[8+8]
2. (a) Draw ECG waveform and correlate with electrical and mechanical activity of
(b) Draw amplifier circuits of ECG machine incorporating various controls and
explain how they function. [8+8]
3. (a) With neat sketches describe a cardiac cycle.
(b) Explain in detail about physiology of heart.[8+8]
4. (a) Explain the electro physiology of a nerve and explain how an impulse is transmitted from nerve to muscle.
(b) Explain the generation of bio- electric potentials associated with the muscles
of the heart. [10+6]
5. (a) With an example, explain the importance of an isolation amplifier in biomedical instrumentation.
(b) What are chopper amplifiers ? Draw a non mechanical chopper amplifier and
explain its working. [8+8]
6. (a) What is deionizer? How is it useful for the treatment of city water?
(b) What is acetate and bicarbonate dialysis? Discuss about the advantages and
7. (a) Discuss about various types of Bio chemical electrodes and give their applications.
(b) Distinguish between external and internal electrodes and give some examples [8+8]
8. (a) Explain the principle of operation of high frequency positive pressure ventilation.
(b) Briefly discuss about the various gas transport mechanisms that can be used with
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.