Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 12 Jun 2011 Posted By:: Suman Biswas Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2009 University of Kalyani General M.A Education M.A in Education Paper-I, Educational Philosophy University Question paper
MA Part-I/DODL/University of Kalyani
Paper: I(Educational Philosophy)
Full Marks- 90
Time – 4 Hours
Answer any six questions.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
1. Discuss the nature of Indian philosophy and explain how philosophy and education are interrelated. [10 + 5=15]
2. Discuss Vaiseshika school of Philosophy with its educational implications. [10+5=15]
3. What are the characteristics of Jaina philosophy? Discuss the impact of Jaina ethics on education. [8+7=15]
4. State the main propositions of Idealism. Consider the influences of Idealism on the aims of education. [10 +5=15]
5. "John Dewey was the greatest exponent of Pragmatic philosophy of education." Explain this statement and bring out clearly his contributions to educational thoughts and practices. [5+10=15]
6. Critically analyses the growth of Humanism as a philosophical thought and state its influence upon education. [10+5=15]
7. What is meant by epistemology? Discuss briefly epistemology of Nyaya School of philosophy with special reference to its educational implications. [5+5+5=15]
8. Liberty and equality are two great principle of Democracy. – How can we promote them through education? 
9. Discuss the educational philosophy of M.K. Gandhi. Comment on its impact on contemporary education. [5+10=15]
10. Analyses 'Logical Analysis' as a new movement in philosophy and state its impact on education.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.