Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 01 Dec 2011 Posted By:: Mithra Member Level: Bronze Points: 5 (Rs. 1)
2010 Politics M.B.A Kerala University MBA Degree Examination-2010 (2009 Scheme)- Management Theory & Practice Question paper
First Semester MBA Degree Examination, January 2010
(2009 Scheme) (Full time and Part time)
MBA-101: MANAGEMENT THEORY AND PRACTICE
Time : 3 hours
Max. Marks: 60
Write short notes on any 5 of the following. Each question carries 3 marks.[5x3=15 Marks]
1. Managerial ethics
2. Political environment
3. Works study
4. Financial motivators
5. Planning premises
6. Unity of direction
Answer any three of the following. Each question carries 10 marks. [3X10=30 Marks]
9. Distinguish between Management and Administration.
10. Explain briefly the major functions of managers.
11. Discuss theory X and theory Y.
12. Explain the tools and techniques for the effectiveness in decision-making.
13. Define span of control. State the factors influencing it.
14. Define control. Explain the various steps involved in the process of control.
15. Analyze the case and answer the following questions. [15 marks]
The newly appointed supervisor of the tool making department of a company has been reviewing the records of tool makers as a means of getting better acquainted with his men. He is using every possible means to get thoroughly acquainted with his men. He is using every possible means to get thoroughly acquainted because he has been told that the performance of this department has been on the decline and needs to be improved.
He has paused at the record of Subash because Subash appears to him as one of the below average men. The record surprises him because in education, psychological tests and previous ratings, Subash was among the top 10%. So he decided to have a conference with Subash in the afternoon.
The discussion between the two has proceeded only a few minutes when Subash invites the supervisor to stop at his house on way home to see some of his hobby work. There Subash shows the supervisor some of the finest parts for miniature cars, kept in his workshop. And Mrs. Subash points out that her husband can hardly be dragged out his workshop to get a good night's sleep.
1) Does Subash have a motivational potential that can be exploited?
2) How do you account for his lack of motivation on the job?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.