Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 06 Jun 2013 Posted By:: Jeya Priya Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 5)
2011 Kerala University B.Tech Theory of Machines Question paper
Are you searching for the old question papers of Kerala University ? I have uploaded the Kerala University previous year question paper from Kerala University . This is the original question paper from the B.Tech exam conducted by Kerala University year 2011. It is for your use and so download the question paper from here and prepare for your upcoming exams well.
THEORY OF MACHINES (MP)
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 100
Instruction : Answer all questions from PART - A and any one from each Module of PART - B.
PART - A
1. What is meant by kinematic pairs ?
Explain Geneva mechanism.
3. What are the different types of belt drives ?
4. What is meant by crossed beltdrive ?
5. What are the different types of mechanical brakes ?
6. What are the classification of gears based on type of gearing ?
7. What is meant by flankof the tooth and path of contact of gears ?
8. What are the different types of gear trains ?
9. Explain Kennedys theorem of three centres.
10. Explain undercutting in spur gears. (10x4=40 Marks)
PART - B ?
Module - I
11. Explain the inversions of a four bar chain.
12. In a four bar chain ABCD, AD is fixed and is 15 cm long. The crank AB is
4 cm long and rotates at 120 rpm clockwise, while the link CD = 8 cm
% oscillates about D, BC and AlTare ofequal length. Find the angular velocity of link CD when angle BAD = 60.
Module - II
jX A four bar chain is represented by a quadrilateral ABCD in which AD is fixed and is 0.6 m long. The crank AB = 0.3 m long rotates in clockwise direction at 10 rad/sec. and an angular acceleration of 30 rad/sec2, botfi clockwise. The crank drives the link CD = 0.36 m by means of a connecting link BC = 0.36 m. i
i) angular velocities and angular acceleration of CD and BC.
ii) velocity and acceleration of point C.
14. a) Derive an expression for length of belt for a cross beltdrive.
b) A leather belt is required to transmit 9 kW from a pulley 120 cm in diameter running at 200 rpm. The angle embraced is 165 and the coefficient of friction between leather belt and pulley is 0.3. If the safe working stress for the leather belt is 140 N/cm2, the mass of leather is
1 gm/cm3 and the thickness of belt is 10 mm, determine the width of belt taking the centrifugal tension in to account.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.