Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 02 Aug 2013 Posted By:: SUPARNA Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (Rs. 5)
2013 Kerala University Languages B.A SEMESTER V CAREER-RELATED FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMME (CBCS) - Group 2 (a) IN ENGLISH & COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH Core Course IX - INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH Question paper
Here is the modal question paper for semester one as per the Kerala University Syllabus for the CBCS Or choice based credit system common for the Bachelor Of Arts and Bachelor of Science. The paper is of ENGLISH & COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH Core Course IX - INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH
CAREER-RELATED FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMME (CBCS) - Group 2 (a) IN
ENGLISH & COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH
Core Course IX - INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH: CG 1543
Model Question Paper
Time: Three Hours
I. Choose the correct answer
A. 1. Gandhijis autobiography is sub-titled ....................
a. Indian Opinion c. The Story of my experiments with truth
b. My experiments with truth and untruth d. Truth and Experiences
2. Raja Rao, R. K. Narayan and ............... are considered as the founding fathers of Indian English
a. Amitav Ghosh b. M. K. Gandhi c. Mulk Raj Anand d. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
3. Young India was a weekly journal published in English from 1919 to 1932, mainly containing the
unique ideology and thoughts of a leading personality regarding independence. Who was behind this
a. Raja Ram Mohan Roy c. Jawaharlal Nehru.
b. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee. d. M. K. Gandhi.
4. Who, among the following, is a columnist, author and social activist?
a. Arundhathi Roy b. Shashi Tharoor c. Kushwant Singh d. None of the above
B. 5. Who among the following is acknowledged to be a mystical poet?
a.Vikram Seth b. Raja Ram Mohan Roy c. Sri Aurobindo d. A. K. Ramanujan
6. Toru Dutts Ancient Ballads and Legends is based on ..................
a. French mythology b. Indian mythology c. Classical mythology d. Christian mythology
7. Who among the following is a confessional poet?
a. Sarojini Naidu b. Toru Dutt c. Kamala Das d. Kiran Desai
8. Who among the following is an Indian Jewish poet?
a. Nissim Ezekiel b. Toru Dutt c. Dom Moraes d. Gieve Patil
C.9. Nagamandala and Tughlaq are famous plays by .........................
a. Girish Karnad b. Anita Desai c. Aurobindo Ghosh d. Rabindranath Tagore
10. Which character in Chandalika recites "Solemnly to the Buddha I bow in homage".
a. Prakriti. b. Prakritis mother. c. Anananda. d. None of the above.
11. Tagores Chandalikis made up of ................. scenes.
a. two. b. three. c. four. d. None of the above.
12. Mahashweta Devis play serves as a powerful weapon of ................ criticism.
a. political. b. social. c. philosophical. d. None of the above.
D.13. Tharoors The Great Indian Novel is an adaptation of ...................
a. Ramayana. b. Puranas. c. Mahabharata. d. Bhagvad Gita
14. The setting for M.T. Vasudevan Nairs novella Mist ............
a. Nainital. b. Coorg. c. Wayanad. d. Himalayas.
15. Buddhu the boat man is a character in ...............
a. Mist. c. The God of Small Things.
b. The Legends of Khazak. d. None of the above.
16. Malgudi provides the setting for ..............
a. "The Astrologers Day". c."The Barbers Trade Union".
b. "Glory at Twilight". d. None of the above.
(Weightage 1x 4 = 4)
II. Answer any eight of the following questions, each in about one or two sentences:
17. The central theme of "The Lotus."
18. The Buddhist legend behind Chandalika.
19. The significance of the title Bayen.
20. Indian elements in "Village Song."
21. The evils of the caste system as seen in Chandalika.
22. Symbolism in The Mist.
23. R .K. Narayans depiction of the common man in "An Astrologers Day."
24. Imagery in Ramanujans "A River."
25. Nostalgia as the central idea in "My Grandmothers House."
26. The social milieu in Bayen.
27. Vimala in The Mist.
28. Symbolism in "Glory at Twilight."
(Weightage 1 x 8 = 8)
III. Answer any five of the following, each in about hundred words.
29. Ezekile satirical tone in "Goodbye Party for Miss Pushpa T.S."
30. Characterisation in Chandalika.
31. Witchcraft as a motif in Bayen.
32. Significance of the title The Mist.
33. Major themes in "Glory at Twilight."
34. "On Killing a Tree" as a nature poem.
35. Narayans use of humour in "An Astrologers Day."
36. Confessional elements in "My Grandmothers House."
(Weightage 2 x 5 = 10)
IV. Answer any two, each in about three hundred words.
37. Compare and contrast the poetic styles of Sarojini Naidu and Kamala Das.
38. Loneliness as the central theme of The Mist.
39. Spirituality in Chandalika.
(Weightage 4 x 2 = 8)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.